Converted to blow thru

black N boosted

Boosted
Reaction score
Had to ditch the draw through setup and converted to blow thru.... I have a question regarding the diy power pipe, I can seem to get to fit in there perfectly- any sugestions? U can see in the last pic how it's raised to high to where I can't shut the hood! Seems to be hitting

Attachments

• image_2.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 38
  • image_3.jpg
    image_3.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 41
  • image_4.jpg
    image_4.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 40
  • image_7.jpg
    image_7.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 40
  • image_8.jpg
    image_8.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 44
  • image_9.jpg
    image_9.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 39

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Rotated the pipe in the coupler? I had to do the same on my CAI on my 6.7 Super duty.

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Yupp! That's what I did. Rotate the elbow coupler up a bit and rotate the 45-degree pipe downward a bit. I'm still waiting on my Race Port BOV from TurboSmart though.

Nice setup you have!

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
What did you use to plug the two 1" ports that remain after removing the stock bpv?

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
In my setup, one was plugged by a welder when he mounted my PMAS flange. The other is currently being used for a 25mm Kompact BOV (which I think is too small).

I just bought a 52mm Race Port BOV from TurboSmart. I still have fluttering but I think I need the softer spring in it.

Last edited:

Sally B Shelly

Reaction score
I was going to ask the same question as 02sys. I will be converting mine soon but was wasnt sure what to do with those holes.... Thanks!

black N boosted

Boosted
Reaction score
In my setup, one was plugged by a welder when he mounted my PMAS flange. The other is currently being used for a 25mm Kompact BOV (which I think is too small).

I just bought a 52mm Race Port BOV from TurboSmart. I still have fluttering but I think I need the softer spring in it.

I'm running the 2 psi spring in mine, I believe it's the green

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Did you guys get a drop in peak psi after the conversion? I was expecting some drop of 1-2 psi as it's less restricted but still getting the same as before (10psi)

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Personally I couldn't say as mine was built blow-thru from the beginning. Plus I have a lower compression ratio (9.6:1 roughly). With the 3.12" pulley I'm only building about 12psi of boost.

black N boosted

Boosted
Reaction score
Did you guys get a drop in peak psi after the conversion? I was expecting some drop of 1-2 psi as it's less restricted but still getting the same as before (10psi)

I converted and went with a 10% overdrive pulley at the same time and I'm seeing 15lbs at 6k rpm

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back