Converted to blow thru

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Boost would be dependent on the compression ratio, correct? (assuming the same blower, same pulley and other similar items)

Last edited:

46addict

Reaction score
Boost is based on intake/exhaust restrictions (cylinder head flow), and bore size.
More static compression can add power to a boosted engine without adding boost, but adding boost without changing static compression will increase effective compression.

Short answer is, boost is not dependent on static compression.

Last edited:

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I'm on 302 ci with 10.5:1 CR. Completely stock heads and cams.

Last edited:

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Boost is based on intake/exhaust restrictions (cylinder head flow), and bore size.
More static compression can add power to a boosted engine without adding boost, but adding boost without changing static compression will increase effective compression.

Short answer is, boost is not dependent on static compression.

OK, thanks. I was dyno'ed in August at 539 rwhp and 528 torque on a Dynometer. Boost was just about 12psi. I have a 326 (3.750" stroke and 3.720" bore) and using custom pistons that are supposed to be about 9.6:1

I'm hoping to crank the boost up in a year or so using a 2.87" or 2.62" 6-rib pulley.

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
You might be running into belt slip issues on a <3" pulley. Are you running a stock crank pulley?

Me? I'm using a Kellogg double-keyed crank but the stock damper. So if you're suggesting an 8-rib pulley upgrade, that's probably a good idea. Extra money but most likely worth the investment. If I'm spending $300 for a good dyno tune, I may as well do it once and do it right.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
So you know the vband clamp & flange that comes with the Tial bov? Is there supposed to be an oring in between the BOV and the flange???

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
So it's just metal to metal contact and the clamp seals it?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back