Converter stall?'s

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
I'm thinking about flying down, renting a Mustang, teching it in and tearing all you down after 3rd of qualifying. Just to break you in right. I hope you guys read the rules front to back. John you haven't for sure. Geezzzz you thought the boss would be allowed? You already missed the fact that you get a 100lb weight break for the auto and the weights are with driver. I saw your post on svtperf.... lol

And yes I know a thing or 2 about teardowns and F/S LMAO

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Back on topic. I would do the converter for sure also, we're getting ready to test a new converter from another company as soon as we get an auto in here. They will be cheaper than the Circle D's and they're still a billet unit made by a top quality converter company.

Blow-By Racing

forum member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about flying down, renting a Mustang, teching it in and tearing all you down after 3rd of qualifying. Just to break you in right. I hope you guys read the rules front to back. John you haven't for sure. Geezzzz you thought the boss would be allowed? You already missed the fact that you get a 100lb weight break for the auto and the weights are with driver. I saw your post on svtperf.... lol

And yes I know a thing or 2 about teardowns and F/S LMAO

Tommy I will be sure to chase you down to help re-assemble everything as that is my department............... Would be interesting to see if everyone is legal.

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
Ugh!

Tear downs, can't run this, must run that!

I spent too many years helping my father with his NHRA Stock Eliminator cars.

I took one look at those rules for Factory Stock and considered it for about 30 seconds.

Screw that stuff.

Blech...

:tdown:

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Ugh!

Tear downs, can't run this, must run that!

I spent too many years helping my father with his NHRA Stock Eliminator cars.

Yeap tear downs do suck but it keeps everyone honest to an extent. It's part of the ball game as you learned with your dad. How many times did you see people get bounced?

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
Yeap tear downs do suck but it keeps everyone honest to an extent. It's part of the ball game as you learned with your dad. How many times did you see people get bounced?

You'd see one every few races get tossed, normally for little things. A lot of times it could have been an engine builder screw up. Some things as simple as not checking the actual cam lift. OEM lift was max lift allowed, so if .543 is OEM, .544 is a no-no.

I understand why the rules are there, I just have no want or need to play those games anymore. Too much money.

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
You'd see one every few races get tossed, normally for little things. A lot of times it could have been an engine builder screw up. Some things as simple as not checking the actual cam lift. OEM lift was max lift allowed, so if .543 is OEM, .544 is a no-no.

I understand why the rules are there, I just have no want or need to play those games anymore. Too much money.

LOL. I know what you mean. I raced F/S for 4 years. I was inspected at my first race in '07 since I won the event and ran low et. I've offically lost count on the time I've been inspected or torn down. At least 10 or more times. Worst being Bowling Green 2008, motor out piston in hand Saturday night at 10:00 pm. Passed inspection, reassembled and had car running at 2:00am. All in time for first round at 9:30am ... LOL went onto go quicker on Sunday and won the race

Mishri

forum member
Reaction score
sounds like a few guys are running 4.10s in the auto. I really like the 4.10s in my 07, i was concered in my 2012 though with the new tranny (also an auto) that 4.10s might be too much (I also sorta DD it, it's my only car, but i have a company truck so I don't have to drive my mustang unless I want to or need to go somewhere) You guys think 4.10s in the 2012 will be no problem if I have no problem with 4.10s in my current car? I'll also be considering a stall eventually. first just intake+tune+O/R-mid+gears+drag radials, i might have the thing paid off before i do more than that anyway.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
i have 4.10's in my auto and love them. highway at 80 mph is 2900 rpm. i dont do a ton of highway driving so its no big deal to me.

cdog1157

Reaction score
Ok, dumb question I know, but what does a converter stall do? difference between 3200 and 3500?

cdog1157

Reaction score
good idea, sometimes I type before I think, lol. always forget about google.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back