Converting Base Stereo To Shaker, Please Verify This List Of Parts....

craven

Banned
Reaction score
my buddy with 06 gt just come over he has a spare shaker500 lying around and we plugged it up....

everything in the back lines up and plugs in perfect....WOW the shaker500 is WAY more powerful than the base head unit.....

the speakers are just pumping away....the only difference is there is another spot for a harness to plug into, looks like a 8 pin....is this the door harness for the subs?

if it is, all i need to do, is get some 8 inch subs, get them fitted in the door and run the 4 wires to each sub, and i will have a shaker 500....

this head unit rocks and is very loud compared to stock i am very happy...just gotta get subs and door panels....

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I still think you are going to have some issues with those door subs if you go aftermarket. Those speakers aren't going to wire up the way you think because of the signals that are converted from that harness to the amps (see diagrams below).

I'm also willing to bet those are pretty weak amps too.

Shaker_500Plugs-vi.jpg

Shaker_500Pins-vix.jpg

Good luck to you though.

craven

Banned
Reaction score
wow so the j4 terminal is an AUX input? what uses this?

i guess i am better getting a wire-2-rca box, and running that off the speakers to an aftermarket amp, and aftermarket subs, and then put them in the doors instead of the factory ones...

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wow so the j4 terminal is an AUX input? what uses this?

i guess i am better getting a wire-2-rca box, and running that off the speakers to an aftermarket amp, and aftermarket subs, and then put them in the doors instead of the factory ones...

That J4 input goes to the factory amps (which should be on the driver's side kickpanel). Pull that kickpanel and stick your head up under there to see if you see two gray boxes; you'll know them when you see them. If you don't have them, then you can pretty much forget using that and will need to go to the aftermarket route to power the subs you'll be buying.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
im gonna suggest it once more. go aftermarket. if anything, get a shaker 1000 sub box and put aftermarket speakers in it and hide the amps behind it. this is coming from somone who had the shaker 1000 and switched out the headunit ASAP. its so not worth getting it all and installiing it

Infamous

BMW
Reaction score
im gonna suggest it once more. go aftermarket. if anything, get a shaker 1000 sub box and put aftermarket speakers in it and hide the amps behind it. this is coming from somone who had the shaker 1000 and switched out the headunit ASAP. its so not worth getting it all and installiing it

agreed eleventy billion times. the shaker system just flat out blows. i'm running the shaker speakers and woofers with my pioneer nav; it sounds decent after i set the equalizer but the bass still sounds like bloody muddy rhinocerous farts

tear it out and do some research on aftermarket

if anyone is worried about weight, rip out that skinny ass factory spare.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back