Coyote Swapped 2005 mustang evap system

Daniels197

Reaction score
Do I need my factory evap system anymore since I swapped a 2016 coyote Into my 2005? Can I take the hole system out?

thegoodguy

Reaction score
If you wish to pass state inspection it can be useful. You can get it to work. I have done it on my swap. However, my chassis was 2008 and the PCM was 2012 and not 2016.

In my case, I did not use a Ford Racing Controls pack (not sure if it is supported on that PCM), I repinned the body harness to the necessary pins on the body plug for the 2012 PCM (just stating the body CANbus communications and other signals are communicating like they should on my swap... however the evap purge valve is on the engine harness... I am just unsure if it is a factor, but I bet it is), and I connected the existing purge line to the purge valve on the coyote intake manifold.

On the 2005-2007 models, I have heard of CANbus communication issues with the newer PCMs. So I am not certain if that plays a factor.

But there is this option:

https://pbhperformance.com/product/coyote-evap-delete-plate/

Good luck... all the best!

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Everything except the purge valve I reused (2007). Using the purge valve on the intake on the coyote. Works as it should and passes the evap monitor. But this is also a Gen1 coyote swap.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back