Crazy deal on an '07 GT500 in my area

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Alright guys, little new to posting so be a little easy if I posted this in the wrong section. So I've been shopping around to trade my car in on a new 5.0, just kinda checking cars.com, autotrader, and so forth till I find a pretty good deal. And as I was browsing one day I found this GT500 for $19,500 and only 14k miles. That's a $15,000 discount seeing as they go for that at around $31k to $35k in my area. Made me thinkin, maybe there's something wrong with it? I've never owned a supercharged car yet as I'm still in my lower 20's, so maybe some tips on what to look for and such would be great. Thanks guys.

2007 Shelby GT500

i-1.JPG

arabbit

12 inch member
Reaction score
That's an insane price...buy the carfax, if its clean check it out in person. If I were in that area, I would definitely be looking into it.

yeah or a scam...as long as you dont give any info or $$ while youre looking into it, it cant hurt to try.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
"Come on Ileen". Lol

Looks to good to be true. Check the vin, car fax etc.... Might be a killer deal.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a fake, but I did email the seller and asked for the VIN just to double check, and maybe schedule a meeting point to check it out.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Sounds like a scam to me. Our local classifieds are loaded with them (scams). I can get you a real nice '09 Nissan Altima for $2500. Or a '10 Fusion for $3800. I see it all the time.

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
Cars.com is loaded with under priced scams. There are two gt500's on my local cars.com for under 20k. When I contacted one of them they say well the car is in a shipping container in ca right now but if you make a deposit we will ship it back to Jacksonville for you to see and test drive.........ah no thanks. Total scam

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Total scam. I had a friend in France email me about a similar deal on an '08 GT500 with 30k miles. A response from the "owner" mentioned an overwhelming willingness to ship after full payment.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Nah, send him a check. In fact, send him a check for more than the price of the car, and he'll just deposit the difference back into your bank account after you give him that account number. He's got other interested parties though, so he's going to want you to issue him a down payment until he can make the car available for you to inspect it.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I figured it'd might be a scam, but let's see if they email me back about a meeting point. You never know, could be a Widow sellin away her husbands things or such.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Scammers dont do the check thing or paypal thing. They ask that you western union the money to them. If someone wants to send you a check for more then the amount and you send the rest back and keep extra for yourself its a fake check. If you used paypal you could get your money back and there would be a trace of what account number and name it was deposited into. I got a $800 money order one time from someone saying they bought an item on ebay that I never had listed on ebay. Dont know how they got my info or anything. Had no number or anything to call to get ahold of anyone just send send remainding balance of such and such back to address no ebay item number or anything. It looked fake I took it to the bank they cashed it and then called 3 days later and said it was a fake money order and took the money back out of my account. Of course I hadnt sent any money to the other person due to suspecting it was a scam

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
So you're saying scammers don't do the check thing, then tell a story about a scammer sending you a fake check?

The problem with scammers, they'll do anything they think they can get money for.

Back