Custom Grind Comp Cams

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
SOLD

I am selling this set of comp cams. These cams were originally 05Stroker's cams and I have ran them in my car for around 2k miles. I am selling them due to going with a more aggressive profile this time around. These are SPR cams. Asking $500 shipped obo

Last edited:

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
05Stroker ran them in his pro charged car and I have been using them in my turbo car

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
These were ordered by me from Comp. I told them I wanted a good cam for an 700-800 HP DD boosted 15-20 psi with a 3200 stall and good street manners. And that is what they gave me. These cams make very nice power down low. My torque curve with theses on my set up was very nice. Really nice street car cams here.

strangebhavior

forum member
Reaction score
Was actually planning on going with comp cams. For same set up dd 6 r 700 hp 15# boost or somewhere around that. Thinkin vsr stage 2 maybe, figured middle of road. How would they compare to these. Also cnc my heads also. Would i have to get machine shop to do any thing to them? Using new bearings. Not saying they marked up, just really know. Thanks

strangebhavior

forum member
Reaction score
Also just curious. 11:1 compression with turbo ? I'm starting build now and keep hearing lower comp with boost. Tuning issues ?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Was actually planning on going with comp cams. For same set up dd 6 r 700 hp 15# boost or somewhere around that. Thinkin vsr stage 2 maybe, figured middle of road. How would they compare to these. Also cnc my heads also. Would i have to get machine shop to do any thing to them? Using new bearings. Not saying they marked up, just really know. Thanks

These aren't my cams but I'm going to give a little info on the grind for you.

The durations are very close to 127400 cams, lifts are just a little less which won't make much of a difference due to how well 3v heads flow at .500 lift vs higher lifts. I've run 127400 with boost and they work just fine, these would be an excellent fine tuned boost version of those cams.

The big differences with these cams is the 114 lsa and 114 icl. 114 lsa is very close to stock 114.25. This aids in driveability, ease of tuning, and lower rpm power production. The wider (vs 127400) 114 lsa is boost friendly. The 114 intake center line (icl) will really help in the higher rpms. You can run these cams with lockouts and not miss anything in the higher rpms.

A lot of thought went into these custom grind cams. They will work well with a supercharger or turbo. Keeping the max lift down to .501 puts less stress on the valve springs.

FWIW 3v heads don't use cam bearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back