Custom tail lights sort of...

Chuck M

Reaction score
I took some flat black MMD tail light surrounds and added some flat vinyl to the lenses, I dig it. I was inspired by the RSC car.

RSC_Render_rear5656.jpg

tail lights before copy.jpg

tail light after 2 copy.jpg

tail light after copy.jpg

Chuck M

Reaction score
None! I had red vinyl tint on the reverse lights and it worked great but I accidentally ordered flat black vinyl to wrap a car with, I thought it was see through but it is not. I just use my brake lights as back up lights now... I would get the flat or matte tail light vinyl, should look the same...???

IMG_4371 copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisGT

Nice Shirt Bilkins
Reaction score
Looks really good! I'd be concerned with people (pedestrians) not knowing when I'm in reverse, though. Maybe look into one of those license plate frames that have a built in led reverse light you could splice in... or maybe one of those F1 style reverse lights.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
+ 1 because it looks good.
-1 because reverse lights are covered.

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
I like it.....how do the covers install? Can u get a close up picture? Im looking to do something to mine besides the nearly $400 raxioms....I have the deck lid panel aslo...are u thinking about doing that to help smooth the look across there more?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looks good, but hope you don't have state safety inspections

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
I know in Texas that a reverse light is not required to pass inspection; unsure about Florida where the OP is from.

Chuck M

Reaction score
The MMD covers just stick on with 3m tape. I would use some flat or matte transparent tail light vinyl for the bottom portion of the lens so your back up lights will still shine through and use some non transparent black vinyl for the sides and top portion of the lens.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back