Damn shit storm of luck......

Roush fun

forum member
Reaction score
Well last month sucked ass, had a bunch of shitty life changes and this month i have what sounds like slop in the wrist pin. Now here is my problem, Low on funds due to home relocation and other life style changes. My budget right now is 2500 bucks. Do I build my current engine with a budget rotating assembly or do I try to find a long block on here? I really don't know where to go with this. If i build it im going to trade labor with a ford tech my dad works with, but parts and machining are on me. Engine only has 39,000 miles, i've only put 4000 miles on it and they have been gentle because i put a new clutch in. My guess is the noise has always been there just becoming more noticeable.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I'd rebuild what I had. One, you know what you have. Two, you wouldn't be wasting any money on the possibility of buying someone else's junk.

Black 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just getting too old but, it never ceases to amaze me how many folks want to go whole hog on an engine with a problem like this. Unless you are just looking for an excuse to do a major performance change to the engine, why not just fix what's wrong? Does your engine have other problems other than a bad wrist pin? If you are looking to upgrade the internals, use what you already have maybe?

Roush fun

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just getting too old but, it never ceases to amaze me how many folks want to go whole hog on an engine with a problem like this. Unless you are just looking for an excuse to do a major performance change to the engine, why not just fix what's wrong? Does your engine have other problems other than a bad wrist pin? If you are looking to upgrade the internals, use what you already have maybe?

Hahaha well I have been wanting to upgrade. It sounds like an upper engine noise when I hold a constant rpm above2500. Ford service tech( family friend). Believes that's what it is. They head had been rebuild 4 months ago. Pulled the valve cover gasket off everything was tight. I'm assuming if that's the problem the cylinder is gonna have some scoring. If I'm going to go through the hassle of tearing it all down I'd like to put it back together with an upgrade.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Mine was close to what you describe. However it was a broken chain guide that was allowing the chain to tap the front cover. Sounded like it was coming from the front top end. It wasn't until I tore the motor down and took a good long look I found a bunch of other stuff wrong.

Black 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
A chain guide is considerably cheaper than a wrist pin problem. Since you had head work done not to long ago, I would look into a possible problem with a chain guide. When tearing down the engine, this check could be done very early into it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back