Debate on Turbo on a 5.0

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Leave the bullshit posts here and leave the vendors thread clean of the crap guys. you wanna discuss thats fine do it here.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Let's correct a few things:

1. Sounds like a tuning issue occurred because that is the case with other #8 failures as you have hopefully read about.....
2. Like you said anything can happen. I don't disagree with that.
3. I have no beef with Tommy. Never spoke with or met him in my life. I have no idea where this came from and would love to see where I have done so.
4. I inquired because I am interested in going forced induction next year. I am looking at what is on the market and I want to know the in's and out's before I decide where I spend my money. Is that a crime?

Is there something going on I am not aware of?

Before you even think it, I'm not nutswinging from JPC. Never have.

Dude, you are a fucking idiotic DICK. Most of the pure shit you post is meant only to troll and cause drama. Since you fail to comprehend anything, why don't you go ahead and re-read Justin's post? The car has a history of having the shit beat out of it. Also, who's to say the owner never had a previous tune from someone other than JPC and that caused the #8 issues to begin. Once the turbo and tune had been installed and the owner raced and beat the shit out of it some more, the #8 let go?

Since it's obvious you have some of your facts all fucked up, facts that, if relayed to you by the owner, clearly mark him and you as fucking drama queen lying ass pieces of shit, why don't you just get the guy who owns the car to post up FACTS and not hearsay?

Oh, and by the way. Justin can now sue your ass for posting shit about his shop and his work that isn't true. Liable is what it's called dumbass.

I swear, the only people I see doing shit like you do are numbnut motherfuckers who hide behind "But I plan to go F/I next year..." bullshit. Why don't you just admit that you enjoy causing drama and being an asshole and call it good? You fucking pansy.

Mishri

forum member
Reaction score
wbt, if the #8 was a tuning issue, then all cars running that same exact tune would have that issue. That hasn't been the case so far. every tuner has had a couple, the most popular tuners have had more than others because they have sent out more tunes and more cars are running them. I'm still debating that issue in the other thread about it. it's like the 3v s197, there are thousands of people running vortech superchargers with an e-mail tune, one person had their blow up on a dyno at 380whp that doesn't mean that the e-mal tune was bad or that the 3 valve can only handle that much power. he just had a weak point on his engine that manifested under that strain. it's unlucky. that guy never did figure out why it happened, everything looked good with the tune and the install, just a weak rod.

06whipple

I heard wbt was gay. Is that true? Can we get some details from the witnesses?

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
a6cd89ea-39c9-2241.jpg

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
wbt, if the #8 was a tuning issue, then all cars running that same exact tune would have that issue.

Not really completely true. There's too many variable I believe to make a blanket statement like that. OE motors are built with tolerances. Meaning every one will be ever so slightly different. So what might be borderline on one vehicle might be detonation on another one.

Also perhaps the number 8 cylinder is the leanest one by design. Or perhaps the number 8 cylinder is the hottest due to being the last to get cooled by coolant flow. So lets say a tuner tunes using a wideband he will get an overall AFR for that bank, not the leanest one though which is the most important. Some cylinders will be fatter and some will be leaner. Also some tuners have messed with knock sensor settings and some not.

I would be curious how many #8 failures have been on a truly 100% stock cars?

Last edited:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
To all my fans. Thanks. Going to get sued for asking a question? Hardly.... Getting accused of something I haven't done by said vendor.....great response from them and a pinnacle of customer service.

I could care less what some of you think of me. Read my words...I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.

I am not here to be the vendor police. I don't take anything at face value and work to get to the truth. It only helps others make a more informed decision when they choose their mods. I praise vendors when they do great things. I call them out when 2+2 doesn't add up. When I find something that works I post a thread about it. If I run into an install issue with a part I post about it. Feel free to do a search on my posts. I am not some random idiot out there posting claims I can't backup or make stuff up to make something appear to be more than it is.

I don't go begging for parts from vendors. I don't get paid to promote one over the other. I paid for and installed everything on my car. I have a great relationship with many of the folks behind the scenes who are really making these cars do what they do. We are talking everything from tune developments to parts not yet released. 95% of this is not public knowledge.

For this particular item, I wanted more information to make a better decision. I haven't slandered anyone. Any more Internet tough guys wanna chat?

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Curious....did this car have an engine failure with this kit? I heard that on 6lbs. of boost the engine took a poop. Just wondering how safe this is....

Real thought provoking question...

It doesn't really seem like you are trying to arm yourself with enough info to make an informed choice about your FI selection.

But what do I know, I'm just an Internet tough guy that happens to play a great one in real life too!

In your case 2+2 doesn't quite add up, and you're getting called out.

At least JPC didn't play victim like you princess.

Go back to ModFords.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Real thought provoking question...

It doesn't really seem like you are trying to arm yourself with enough info to make an informed choice about your FI selection.

But what do I know, I'm just an Internet tough guy that happens to play a great one in real life too!

In your case 2+2 doesn't quite add up, and you're getting called out.

At least JPC didn't play victim like you princess.

Go back to ModFords.

Called out for asking a question? Hardly....

No they just falsely accused me but whatever.

I broke none of your rules. Ban my account and be done with it.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Called out for asking a question? Hardly....

No they just falsely accused me but whatever.

I broke none of your rules. Ban my account and be done with it.

Why so you can cry about how unfair we are here?

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Kinda what I figured. And people say it's not the tune causing this issue lol.

Will be doing some work on one soon. He wants dyno testing back to back with the new parts and mail order tune. Can't wait to see what the plugs look like with the new tune. Hard for me to believe it's anything but the tune also. Engines don't melt pistons for no reason.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Will be doing some work on one soon. He wants dyno testing back to back with the new parts and mail order tune. Can't wait to see what the plugs look like with the new tune. Hard for me to believe it's anything but the tune also. Engines don't melt pistons for no reason.

If #8 did take a crap on that car as was said, that is all tune related and complete agree with you. In my mind that would be between JPC and the customer to work out. I would be interested in seeing said piston.

It is not a Ford problem as was suggested....

I think their kit looks solid. The main thing I would change on it is how it attaches to the exhaust. Based on the pics, the most restrictive section was left in place being the stock H-pipe. It appears to replace that, one would have to buy the JPC section.

http://store.jpcracing.com/JPC-Raci...-Stainless-Steel-Off-Road-X-Pipe-_p_1473.html

Some owners may not want to go that route.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back