Decided to Repaint my whole car. Progress Pics

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I had alot of flaws and imperfections on my car and it was driving me nut. Plus, the mustang club I run around with does alot of shows, and with the paint how it was, it would be pointless to mess with entering into a show. Here are the progress pics. I will do a start to finish on this project. Lemme know what you think.:thumb2:
IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

Last edited:

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
YES!! No way I could get rid of such an awesome/unique color. I was debating on painting either white or silver stripes, but have decided to leave it all sonic blue to show off the color only. I would like to get a cdc classic chin spoiler, SHR flush louvers, and some GTCS/SGT style side scoops to paint at the same time and instal.

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Alright good, so long as it stays sonic blue then I cannot wait to see the final results. I need to have my front end resprayed because the clear coat is peeling near the bottom grill but I think a CDC Classic should cover it and it would be cheaper.

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
How much was the paint job if you dont mind me asking?
Well, Since I am doing it myself it's hard to say. I won't have to buy any materials other than sealer, base, and clear. Since I have everything else I need from doing previous cars.
Good luck! Are you an experienced painter or kinda winging it?
Well, I dont know how experienced I am. I mean, I am only 23, but I know what I am doing. I took autobody for four years(multiple hours a day) in Highschool, and then went to a tech school for autobody after highschool. I just do it on the side for extra cash and when I get bored. Ive done alot of stuff the last few years. Ive got an album with some of my recent projects on facebook if interested in looking. Jared Cagle

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Good Times. Sub'd. I've always wanted to be able to do paint and body.

You're car is going to look so good with all the stuff you listed. I'd even consider an aggressive chin spoiler or a different front bumper cover like a C/S. You need more to balance out those huge super shiny wheels and that hood, IMO.

I also suggest paint the brakes to match the car instead of red, while you're at it. I think that would look much cleaner.

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
Good Times. Sub'd. I've always wanted to be able to do paint and body.

You're car is going to look so good with all the stuff you listed. I'd even consider an aggressive chin spoiler or a different front bumper cover like a C/S. You need more to balance out those huge super shiny wheels and that hood, IMO.
I also suggest paint the brakes to match the car instead of red, while you're at it. I think that would look much cleaner.

Not a big fan of the c/s front bumper(love the rear tho!) or the agressive chin spoiler. The agressive just looks too bulky and outta place for my taste. The huge super shinny wheels hopfully will not be on there forever,lol. I want a set of staggerd 18" OEwheel bullets with the gray spokes.
The brakes seemed like a good idea at the time I painted them,lol. I will either paint the caliper dark silver with a black bracket, or maybe caliper and bracket black. I dunno yet.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Not a big fan of the c/s front bumper(love the rear tho!) or the agressive chin spoiler. The agressive just looks too bulky and outta place for my taste. The huge super shinny wheels hopfully will not be on there forever,lol. I want a set of staggerd 18" OEwheel bullets with the gray spokes.
The brakes seemed like a good idea at the time I painted them,lol. I will either paint the caliper dark silver with a black bracket, or maybe caliper and bracket black. I dunno yet.

I like the wheels you have, just saying the car needs more bulk to match them. Don't know if I feel the gray spoke bullitts as much as some other options, but to each his own.

How about a bumper like mine? Would look killer with the blue car and the black lower grill. You have one of the best colors to work with. Blue and black contrast so well, you need to pick parts that will exploit that. That's why I like the CS front on Blue or white cars so well, because of the black center at the bottom.

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
Ive never been a fan of sonic blue with alot of black. Not saying they look bad, b/c they look great, but not my style I guess. I think If I was to go with a different front bumper it would have to be the bumper that looks like a gt500 bumper but fits gt grille and headlights. I think is a PJ heritage bumper or something like that. Probaly really expensive.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I'm sure it's going to look bad ass when you're done no matter what you decide.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Good luck and post alot of pics during the process. I admire your courage and envy your talent!

fst06stg

The Conservative
Reaction score
you could always try to bum the paint booth at the tech man. i think Heath has a booth he uses somewhere close to Caney also.

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
you could always try to bum the paint booth at the tech man. i think Heath has a booth he uses somewhere close to Caney also.
The thought has crossed my mind. I have done that numerous times since graduating from there,lol. Luckily, Heath and the Instructor took a liking to me while I was there and help me out when I need it. And, let me use the school discount on paint and materials on occasion:thumb2:

Sonic blue? Thought it was Vista blue on 05-09?
Sonic Blue in '05, vista blue after that.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back