Deer hunters?

JP06GT

forum member
Reaction score
It'll get sent his way for sure! Wether or not it hits him is the question! Haha. I can shoot a half dollar size group from 30 yards no problem on the ground. But from 18ft in the air I've been struggling. This is my 3rd season with my bow and just the past two seasons I've shot at more deer than I've killed with with my 30/30 and have yet to kill one. I hit a buck in the shoulder bone last year and my arrow barely penetrated and he ran off. I love the challenge of a bow but dammit is it frustrating sometimes!

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
Good luck man.
Put a camera up near my new tree stand where the deer had a trail coming up the hill into the field and over the past 2 days had a nice 8 show up I've not had on camera all summer and then me and my brother in law made some scrapes and rubs yesterday and put some dominant buck pee out and this guy on the bottom showed up. The 4 point is a buck I call buddy just because he is not bothered by us at all
67E3A2DE-69D9-4556-822C-EBF864445A03-1596-00000161C3D58AFB_zps0b1d1909.jpg

JP06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Well after missing one of those monsters yesterday from the pictures I posted I finally got a tiny little bit of redemption today and got my first bow kill. Let's just say Bambi won't be making a sequel!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382995070.508521.jpg

I thought she would be a tad bigger than that but oh well! Meat on the table!

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine took his boy hunting for youth season and he shot a 19 pointer, 7 point on one side and a 12 point non typical on the other. Needless to say, the kid is pretty happy. Here is a shitty cell pic that I got at midnight telling me thanks for sighting in the gun last year. The scope was maxed out in elevation and was shooting 7" low so I put on some Burris rings with inserts that allow you to add in elevation and sighted it in before late season last year. They didn't even bother to shoot it before taking it out this year:wtf:

Attachments

• 20131013_195712.jpg
    20131013_195712.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 42

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
I couldn't see many of the pics at work earlier but seeing them now is getting me pumped up!

Congrats on your first bow kill JP. Did you have to track her down very far?

We have some cams out around the property now and there is a 14pt roaming around up by camp we'll see if anybody puts claim to him.

JP06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I couldn't see many of the pics at work earlier but seeing them now is getting me pumped up!

Congrats on your first bow kill JP. Did you have to track her down very far?

We have some cams out around the property now and there is a 14pt roaming around up by camp we'll see if anybody puts claim to him.

Thank you! She was only 15 yards away so I smoked her! She ran probably 25 yards before she went down! I use Rage broadheads and man they cut probably a two inch hole in her. She didn't stand a chance!

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
My neighbor got this one. I havent stepped into a stand yet this year. Been to busy cutting ducks out of the sky.

sethah

forum member
Reaction score
Nice buck! I dont even want to post a pic of my 8 point now. Got this guy monday. My first bow kill.
9una7ybe.jpg

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
I've been out hard the past 2 weeks just haven't been at the right place at the right time. I went out yesterday morning to one tree stand and then my dad rode the 4wheeler to an old salt lick a little over the hill from me in the woods. About 10 I saw a buck step out into a field 300 yards from my stand and go down into the woods. 15 minutes later I hear 2 shots so I climbed out to see if my dad got him but he missed. He had a doe a young spike and the goofy buck I posted walk by following the doe and that's where the other buck was going so rut just must be starting here.
The one on the left is the one he shot at yesterday. He's the first one I put on the hit list this year
3CD137C7-02D4-4384-A8B9-7F74D18355FC-1577-00000152541FF4D0_zps0dfec6cd.jpg

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Very nice...

I'm headed up to NY early in the AM...hope to be sitting in a tree saturday.

Plenty of sign and scrapes from what i'm hearing up at camp...so rut has certainly begun!

Good luck Boys!

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice...

I'm headed up to NY early in the AM...hope to be sitting in a tree saturday.

Plenty of sign and scrapes from what i'm hearing up at camp...so rut has certainly begun!

Good luck Boys!

Had any luck this weekend? I didn't see shit except a few does

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back