Detroit Rockers!

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
I installed a set of these today, and Im 110% satisfied! They drive perfect and sound bad ass! These cams are awesome.

Thanks Brenspeed! :beer:

R7r5

NEEDS MORE BOOST!!!!
Reaction score
Detroit rockers

Hell yes rockers sound bad ass! Nice power gain as well

Justin11b

Reaction score
Brenspeed, on my '10 GT, I have long tubes, catted H, Roush catback, JLT CAI, and Bama tune. Looking at a TB and cams next. More interested in power than sound, and according to another thread, I hear ur Comp NSR stage 2's are better for power than the Rockers. Future mods include ALM driveshaft, ALM flywheel, and eventually a FRPP intake manifold, possibly a 100 shot of nitrous. I don't race, just for fun on the highway and daily driving. I fully intend on buying from you with the same as cash offer you guys have. Just deciding on what's more powerful and realistic.

Brenspeed

forum member
Reaction score
Honestly, we have found that both the NSR 127200's and the Detroit Rocker N/A cams both have very similar power gains (with 5hp of each other), but the 127200s dont really lope at all, whereas the Detroit Rockers give you that nice sound everyone is looking for. The Detroit Rockers are also going to work better when you go with Nitrous down the road due to the cam profile. Please give us a call at 574.594.9559 and we will be more than happy to send you over a credit application.

Thanks,
Chandler
www.brenspeed.com

twinscrewed

forum member
Reaction score
I installed a set of these today, and Im 110% satisfied! They drive perfect and sound bad ass! These cams are awesome.

Thanks Brenspeed! :beer:

Did you do the install yourself? How long did it take and what did you do for a tune? Thinking about doing these, if I can do them myself.

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Did them in about 4 hours with nothing but ratchets and the timing chain wedge in my garage, and running an email tune from Brenspeed. It runs perfect.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but work with me lol

How did you get the engine to top dead center or does it matter with these modular motors?

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but work with me lol

How did you get the engine to top dead center or does it matter with these modular motors?

Yeah it needs to be on TDC. There is a timing mark on the crank pulley

Brenspeed

forum member
Reaction score
Give us a call if you guys are looking for cams, we only have a set or two left in stock!

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah it needs to be on TDC. There is a timing mark on the crank pulley

A few more ? Did you have to use a valve spring tool or even mess with the springs? Any other special tools? And did the cams come with instructions?

Sorry for all the questions man, I'm really considering this but I want to make sure I don't get in over my head.

Brenspeed

forum member
Reaction score
Use a valve spring tool to compress the springs. You dont have to compress all of them, just three. Two intake and one exhaust. Also, you are going to need a timing chain wedge and two new cam phaser bolts as well.

Noclutch

forum member
Reaction score
A few more ? Did you have to use a valve spring tool or even mess with the springs? Any other special tools? And did the cams come with instructions?

Sorry for all the questions man, I'm really considering this but I want to make sure I don't get in over my head.

I did my install in my driveway. Got the install tools and the Ford replacement instructions and took my time and in less than 1 day I got the work done. The job seems hard as there is a lot to do and so much that could go wrong but because I followed the instructions it was a snap. I installed a set (Hot Rods) for a friend and he helped (he never even changed oil on a car in his life) and when we were done 5 hours later he was impressed. "Is that it?" was all he could say.

We fired it up and after it warmed up he took it for a ride and came back with a big smile, "Oh Yeah." was all he could say.

Get the Rockers and Pop that cherry by doing it yourself!

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome...... Thanks for all the info guys, I definitely think I can do this myself. Now hopefully I will get a good tax return and can afford to do it. LOL

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
loudnlow..... I just realized I jacked your thread man. Sorry bout that

Back