Did a first detail on the '13 today

cobra_4

forum member
Reaction score
I always swore the next new Mustang I got I was going to be one of these clean freaks that carried a towel with them and wiped off every speck of dirt they saw, waxed it more than they drove it, etc. etc. Well less than a week into ownership, I've put that plan into task. I've been reading about the importance of clay baring a car straight from the dealership and I figured with this one sitting on the lot for six months or so, it was definitely a must!
img_0883.jpg

img_0885.jpg

Next up it was time for some leather treatment. After four years with my 03 Cobra, I learned what untreated leather seats will look like with just 20,000 miles on them. So I new a good leather treatment was a must! I went with Mequiars Gold Glass Leather wipes, They aren't as greasy as just a regular amoral which is the look and feel I was going for.

I hadn't planned on waxing it today but I had killed all the time I could goofing off so I figured what the heck, so I busted out my new found favorite polish Royal Blue, is a brazilian carnauba that is a wax and cleaner all in one. I'll put some more serious polish and sealant on it later, but for now, I just wanted something quick and easy to protect the finish.

img_0886.jpg

img_0887.jpg

I always like to wash my cars after I wax them to get all the missed wax residue and towel fuzz off the car, look a that water bead up! Much better!

img_0898.jpg

img_0899.jpg

The next thing on the list was to clean the engine bay. I raised it at the show Saturday and was embarrassed at how dirty it was! It looked like it had 100,000 miles on it!

BEFORE
img_0900.jpg

img_0901.jpg

img_0902.jpg

img_0903.jpg

One of the most underrated Croftgate products, the Multi-Clean. Strong enough to clean, but safe enough for paint. It got the job done great.

img_0904.jpg

AFTER
Much better!! Still need to do some fine detailing, etc. But its good for now!

img_0905.jpg

img_0906.jpg

Clean car, is a happy car!!

Ray721

Black 06 GT
Reaction score
Lookin good! I gotta do a full detail on my 14. Its a month old and I've only washed it a couple times. Needs clay, polish, sealant.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
If I were you, I would pick up some Silk Shine from Chemical Guys. For your engine bay (and interior, amongst other plastic/vinyl pieces). Its amazing. I do all the engine bays of cars I detail with it. After you clean the engine, just mist it all over and wipe off any excess.

and yes, GET A BETTER BUFFER! A porter cable 7424 is a great buffer for a "novice" and makes it impossible to burn your paint and it still has amazing results

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
If I were you, I would pick up some Silk Shine from Chemical Guys. For your engine bay (and interior, amongst other plastic/vinyl pieces). Its amazing. I do all the engine bays of cars I detail with it. After you clean the engine, just mist it all over and wipe off any excess.

and yes, GET A BETTER BUFFER! A porter cable 7424 is a great buffer for a "novice" and makes it impossible to burn your paint and it still has amazing results

ALL THIS. I love my PC!!!

Silk Shine is absolutely amazing, especially for the price. It's not greasy at all either. I use it on my tires also.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back