did this thing blow?

Liberty911

forum member
Reaction score
Pull the fuckin heads and post the fuckin pics. This diarerra tiatribe of unsubstantiated babble has become old. If your gonna call someone out be sure to back it up.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
if its old stay out of the tread. I said it would be out by sunday. Im not gonna let someone talk shit on me just cause brenspeed says something.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
motor is out and on the stand but I forgot the crank pully puller at work. I think I am just gonna ride up to autozone and rent one so I can get this apart today.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
here you go. I cant find my camera so these are my phone.

Attachments

• bad engine.jpg
    bad engine.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 151
  • bad piston.jpg
    bad piston.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 150

Boozshey

Reaction score
I've seen some damaged stuff, but haven't seen a piston damaged like that without a rod being broke with it. What's the bottom side look like?

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Explain for those of us who just see damage. Isn't the white spots and that detenation?

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
so i am hoping I can go .20 over and stuff some pistons in it. will .20 be to much stress on this motor being that its already a 302 stroker?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
where the pieces still up top on the piston or where they gone? what do the heads look like?

Usually in the pan, melted. That hole should go down taking ringlands and all like if you played with an oxy-cut (or however you call that)

so i am hoping I can go .20 over and stuff some pistons in it. will .20 be to much stress on this motor being that its already a 302 stroker?

If they make the 302 via a 3.800 stroker then yes, you would end with a 305cid. The thing is that I don't know if there are off the shelf 3.572 pistons with that compression distance.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
ya its standard bore when they did it. I am looking to go for 9.1-9.3 cr. It should be fine to just put pistons and rings in it right after the .020 over?

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What does your cylinder look like? I did this with a pushrod engine and there was very light scoring on the cylinder wall. I was able to just hone it by hand and replace that piston. The engine ran great after. You could get lucky.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back