DipYourCar.com

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Fonzie at DYC has been doing dip now for quite some time. Almost always German cars. Not. Any. More. :thumb2:

I have ordered from them in the past with no issues. They have very informative videos on YouTube if you want to learn how to dip, what to use, how many coats, glossifier or not, tips, tricks, and ideas as well.

I am in no way affiliated with the site, just a fan of the dipping scene.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
That's pretty sick! He should have peeled the 5.0 badges, corner marker lights, and the rest of the front end corner trim pieces though.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
The thing about peeling the badges is that it is fine if you want the base color of the car to show around it, like in the 0, but if you don't, you can't just peel it easily, so it was just left to remain consistent.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Agree with TGR, looks half assed with them painting over the side lights, lower front accent grills and the badges. Looks like they ran it over to Maaco for a "Basic" package... No prep and as little tape as they can use. :crazy:

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
I have been thinking of doing it with my car, but I don't know what color I would want to do.
Same here homie! I have really been considering that brighter blue color.
That's pretty sick! He should have peeled the 5.0 badges, corner marker lights, and the rest of the front end corner trim pieces though.

I agree 100%, Chip. It looks kind of half assed as it is IMO.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I really wanna do this. I am having my f14s powdercoated and would love to do my car in a matte red. I would love to find someone local.

syclone50

forum member
Reaction score
How much does this shit weigh?

I dipped my car a couple of months ago and love it. I have been asked this question more than once and I find it funny people are worried about it. It took 3 gallons of dip to my 12 GT...so we are talking MAYBE 25lbs of material. That's just about a healthy shit for some of us.

I do agree with the badges and side markers. It took me an extra 30 minutes of prep time to remove the rear makers, taillights and badges. Well worth it

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I dipped my car a couple of months ago and love it. I have been asked this question more than once and I find it funny people are worried about it. It took 3 gallons of dip to my 12 GT...so we are talking MAYBE 25lbs of material. That's just about a healthy shit for some of us.

I do agree with the badges and side markers. It took me an extra 30 minutes of prep time to remove the rear makers, taillights and badges. Well worth it

I don't know what the fuck kind of massive shits you take but you must have some sort of god damn super toilet.

syclone50

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know what the fuck kind of massive shits you take but you must have some sort of god damn super toilet.

LOL no big shit here, point was it doesn't weigh enough to worry about LOL

syclone50

forum member
Reaction score
I can't believe guys would rather this over paint.

It is hard to compare to paint but here are some of the highlights.

Most people don't have the skill set to paint their own car let alone the facility to do it in. I dipped my car after practicing a couple of times on an old fox hood. It wasn't too difficult and I had no experience with auto paint work prior.

The kit cost about $200 and then plan on $200 for materials. This means the second car you dip will only cost $200.

It is not permanent, if you get bored with the color, peel it off and start again.

It is VERY durable. I drove 1000 miles in 4 days on mine 2 days after I did it and there was not one rock chip.

Your factory paint is sleeping nice and kozzy under the dip, protected and will be as good as it was when you covered it.

Very easy to clean, I used that shitty brush at the quarter carwash for the first time in 10 years. Bugs, dirt, and anything else come off with ease.

No more drying your car, it is a rubber like coating so the water just rolls off or dries quickly.

Also give your car a unique look. My car started as black so I looked at it as an blank canvas. Plus I don't like my car to look like everyone else.

I posted a pic of mine in another thread but here it is again.
This is their flex blue color.

DSC_0228.jpg

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
well I have seen a local here with it on his car and it didn't come off just by peeling it.. It was a nightmare to get off and they both used a lot of coats, and one had it done by a certified dyc place.... I would rather spend the money on a wrap personally

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will prolly be paying someone to do mine matte black in december. They have a 2 year touch up warranty for it too .

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back