DIY chin spoiler?

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it actually looks like it could look good... w/ great bodywork and paint... would like to see final product...

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
A thought just occurred to me fellas:
How about instead of cutting a bumper to tack it below another bumper or cutting a bumper and go thru all the plastic welding; we cut a bumper and tack it over the OEM one? Just like the FRPP one below. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the FRPP piece just slip over the OEM GT bumper and is attached with 6-8 screws and some 3M double stick tape?

From the FRPP pic below, it seems that only a half inch of material is needed to drape over the OEM bumper. Once you flip the bumper over, there seems to be a lot of material to cut into to widen the opening (see 2nd pic below) to fit over the bumper's edge. If flat black trim is used on the cut bumper's edge and the cut bumper itself is painted flat black, the end result will appear seemless. At least in my head! lol!

M-2784-M.jpg

The only problem I see is that there is a small dip in the factory bumper once you flip it. This dip would likely interfere with the cut bumper resting flush over the uncut one. I suppose it could be raised a hair and everything is somewhat flexible. Or maybe the ends of said dip could be slit in a way that the center be made a little more "flexible". Any thoughts on these ideas???

Gerardo

Flip2.jpg

Molehill_MikeUK

USA Built, UK Driven!
Reaction score
lip looks good.. the rest looks like rectal anus.

Good job its not my car then,....that and the guy who is doing it doesn't care what you think :roflmao:

hahahah!

That looks like a hell of a lot of work there. Looking good though but not for me. Original though.

I think he was bored, so decided to go all out crazy on it...fair play to him I say, would be dull if we all did the same thing

KryptonKnight

forum member
Reaction score
It would be worth it to me to have another one-off part on the ride. However, I do think it would be a long hard road to get there.

peetiewonder

Terminator
Reaction score
The car is grilless and in white primer. I wouldn't expect an of our rides would look great in that condition.

Please post final pics!
Thanks,

Gerardo

With or without grilles or primer, the new contours look very ricey.

BLVCKmamba

forum member
Reaction score
i actually really like those seats, but would prefer dark carbon... keep the good stuff rolling

edit: after seeing this i looked some up for my car, theyre around the same price as the recaro sportster cs seat i was looking at, hows the comfort and lumbar support in your opinion??

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back