Any chance of some more info?

Why does it have to be DIY? Cost?

Is this bolt in or weld in?

Why a rear shock tower brace?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
About the only rear shock tower brace I can think of is made by Steeda. And I have a hard time believing you could make it yourself for less money than that, especially if you take your time into account.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Does that steeda design make sense? a supposed structural support pinched between two soft rubber bushings?

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does that steeda design make sense? a supposed structural support pinched between two soft rubber bushings?

What bushings are you referring to? The ends of that Steeda bar are rod ends, and the part they connect to is directly welded to the shock towers.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
The shock bushings.
OK, it says nothing about welding on the site.

Gremlin85

forum member
Reaction score
From the looks of the picture and this description:

How does it install?

Steeda's Mustang Shock Tower Brace requires welding of the mounting brackets to the top of the strut towers. An installer experienced in welding is recommended for installation.

It's pretty basic. Bolts under the bushings at the top of the shock towers and it is stated to weld it. You could fashion up a similar brace with some metal and weld it to the shock towers. Not sure how effective that will be...

555-5750-5.jpg

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The shock bushings.
OK, it says nothing about welding on the site.

Those shock bushings are pretty much always going to be there. I believe the function of this brace is to tie the shocks' upper attachment points together.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
If the install requires welding, why bother buying that thing at all, just buy some bar stock, cut to length, and weld that in. Has to be cheaper.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
You're getting bored and thinking of shit that won't do anything for you.
What is next TB spacer?
Or even worse....
950-73005.jpg.ashx

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
I am about out of things to do to my car. Modding can't be over, there has to be more…..lol

Somehow, I doubt that...

What all do you have done to your car?

If you're looking for rear suspension upgrades, I highly recommend a watts link and torque arm.

StangPhD

forum member
Reaction score
Motor: SC aluminator block, CNC ported and polished heads, 60 lb injectors, Stage 2 Comp blower cams, 2.3 polished whipple with intercooler, MAF activated methanol kit, KB boost activated boost a spark, KB SC boost a pump

Drivetrain: Tr6060, RXT twin disc clutch, 1 piece DS, Torsen T2 differential, 3.55 gears

Suspension and brakes: Koni sport struts, QA1 adjustable rear shocks, BMR lowering springs, Solid rear LCAs with relocation brackets, Steeda adjustable pan hard bar with solid brace, Steeda UCA with mount, BMR K member, GT500 front control arms, whiteline bump steer kit, BREMBOs up front

Exhaust: ARH long tubes with X pipe, GT500 mufflers from a 2011 retro-fitted to my 2009.

Not much left to do.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
I could name off a few things that I personally would do, but I don't know what your goals are.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back