drag springs

OhhFiveGt

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone running eibach pros I have them now and when I was on stock street tires I was cutting 1.7x's now that I'm on a 295/50/17 Mickey I can't do any better then a 1.8 to a high 1.7 I feel like its way too stiff. I was thinking of going with the CJ or the eibach drag but I don't want to spend the money until I know which will give me the best 60'.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Have any pics of those springs without race wheels on the car?Anyone have pics of ther car with cj's?

Not the best pic, but here's our 9-second 2010 GT on its street wheels back when it was in the Lake Worth parade a few months ago. It's on the UPR Drag Springs:

2010parade.jpg

Anyone running eibach pros I have them now and when I was on stock street tires I was cutting 1.7x's now that I'm on a 295/50/17 Mickey I can't do any better then a 1.8 to a high 1.7 I feel like its way too stiff. I was thinking of going with the CJ or the eibach drag but I don't want to spend the money until I know which will give me the best 60'.

You were cutting 1.7s on stock tires and suspension?

drewzx3

forum member
Reaction score
Not the best pic, but here's our 9-second 2010 GT on its street wheels back when it was in the Lake Worth parade a few months ago. It's on the UPR Drag Springs:

2010parade.jpg

What size tires were those?

OhhFiveGt

forum member
Reaction score

Not that I was consistently doing it but I was consistant 1.8-9 and did do a few 1.7s stock tire stock suspension. My car has always been real good down low it falls on its face after the 1/8th

Diabolical!

Zapp Rowsdower
Reaction score
I cut consistent low 1.6x 60' times with the Eibach Drag Springs which I believe are the same as the UPR Drag Springs (Sharad, can you confirm?).

OhhFiveGt

forum member
Reaction score

2010parade.jpg

Just realized I meant stock suspension other then the eibach pro springs. But not control arms no tires nothing like that it was springs and gears only

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score

Im switching over from Eibach Pros to The CJ springs this week, just waiting for new GT500 strut mounts to show up. I'll let you know when I go to the track this weekend....

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I decided to keep the stock springs and upgrade the shocks. Went with strange adjustables front and rear.

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
Didn't make it to the track but I did go to a business park near us wear alot of the street racing happens and did 1 quick run and the front definitely lifts more than it did with the Eibach Pros, it actually squats now as before it would hardly squat and the front barely lifted. Their was a 3 day event at the track so couldn't go their.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
How are they for daily driving?

I decided to keep the stock springs and upgrade the shocks. Went with strange adjustables front and rear.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Somehow I didn't see your question until now. The drag springs are perfectly fine for daily driving. Actually they're really cushy. So if you're into cornering, you'd actually want stiffer springs. But when it comes to transferring weight, the drag springs are nutty. I really think we could yank a tire on our 2010 GT on the street on its 18" street tires all the way around.

If I get another chance to drive it, I'll give it a shot.

sethah

forum member
Reaction score
I just installed the Cobra Jet springs on my 08 GT. Car hooks way better now and i think it rides exactly the same as stock springs. Was very pleased with the ride.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
When I had the whipple 2.9 on I had CJ springs in the front and JPC's drag springs in the back. The weight of the blower on the CJ springs in the front gave the car way too much rake when running CJ's front and back. I swapped out the rears for JPC's which lowered the rear a little over an inch and it looked much better. 1.51 60's in an auto on a 275 radial.

Curious how it will sit with the turbo kit. Air to water still and two turbos/gates/piping, maybe it will be close to the same weight up front so it will sit the same.

S197_smokn

forum member
Reaction score
I have cjs on in that pic in my sig. I put them on and panhard bar and lcas all at the same time. Car is totally different way better!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back