Dyno day w/ST Mtrspts Sat March 8th @ Whipple. Need cars

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do mapquest time to...

Do it to Merced and see what time you should be there..and ill be there a lil prior to that...

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Taco Bell, Merced, Right off exit

try this one,

Taco Bell1440 Martin Luther King Jr Way, Merced, CA

Right at the 99/CA-59 exit in Merced. Figure about when you would get there and let me know when to be there.

BTW,
3.6 Pulley, Oversize Waterpump Pulley, Belt on the way from Brenspeed. Man I hope I get 430 or so after the tune.

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
try this one,

Taco Bell1440 Martin Luther King Jr Way, Merced, CA

Right at the 99/CA-59 exit in Merced. Figure about when you would get there and let me know when to be there.

BTW,
3.6 Pulley, Oversize Waterpump Pulley, Belt on the way from Brenspeed. Man I hope I get 430 or so after the tune.

It's the same 2.5 hrs 151 miles as before so if we leave Cali's house at 5 am we'll be there around 7:30 am.

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ready to Rock

Got the 3.6 pulley and the Oversize Waterpump pulley on tonight....almost without a hitch.

Now if I can just make myself keep my foot out of it tomorrow and on the way down there.

By the way, going from the 3.875" pulley to the 3.6 and then adding the oversize waterpump pulley, the belt actually got a little bit tighter/more tension than it was and wraps around the pulley better. That is with the 109.0" belt. Kind of perturbed now since Brenspeed sold me a "3.60 appropriate belt" for 70 bucks that is 0.25" shorter at 108.75"....woopeedeedoo. Priced that same belt yesterday at autorack for like...27? Argh.

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hahaha..couldn't do it

I lasted 1/2 day without hitting boost once (forgot..argh), split second then I realized it and got out of it.

Was pretty frickin cool looking at the boost gauge bounce up to right at the "Red" Zone on the Saleen gauge.

See you guys tomorrow morning.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sounds good! I'll see Ryan and Chad at around 6:30, and we'll catch you down in Merced.

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
Some pics from today...

Great day today. Lots of great folks! Here are some pictures...

Picture%20001.jpg

Picture%20002.jpg

Picture%20003.jpg

Picture%20004.jpg

Picture%20005.jpg

Picture%20006.jpg

Picture%20007.jpg

Picture%20011.jpg

Picture%20014.jpg

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tragic

Just tragic....Long story short, NO tune yet.

Left at 7:30. Adam didn't have the site license for 2008 cars yet...so I gotta wait.

Wasn't a total loss though,

Really great people and really great cars. Definitely 1 or 2 stories to be told.

Nice meeting you all, I had a great time.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just tragic....Long story short, NO tune yet.

Left at 7:30. Adam didn't have the site license for 2008 cars yet...so I gotta wait.

Wasn't a total loss though,

Really great people and really great cars. Definitely 1 or 2 stories to be told.

Nice meeting you all, I had a great time.

Damn, that's a bummer. Did he say how long it would take to get the go-ahead? If he comes out again next month, there's a really good chance I'll be there again.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That sucks bro! Just be patient, and stay out of it until you can come back. Adam will take good care of you. Trust me!

You may want to consider putting that other pulley back on until next month.

I'll be coming back down next time too. I had a blast and it wasn't even to bad of a drive at all.

Just a fair warning for those with small children or sensitive ears... my "fucking" brother will "fucking" be coming will me again next "fucking" time. LOL!

Ryan thanks big time for taking my brother out for that little joy ride! He loved it!

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Talking to Adam Monday

He's supposed to call me monday, I might just work it out and drive all the way down there to his shop. Not sure.

Nick got 435/4?? (like 24 or something can't remember)

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He's supposed to call me monday, I might just work it out and drive all the way down there to his shop. Not sure.

Nick got 435/4?? (like 24 or something can't remember)

That sounds right. I think he was running out of fuel. BTW, after Nick and I "Autographed" the parking lot, did you notice the extremely low black & white helicopter that was looking for someone? We parked under some trees for a while.

Last edited:

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Rich, I'm not sure what the final numbers were. I think it was 435-440rwhp and 410-415 rwtq. Not too shabby for 8 psi with CA's crappy 91 octane! I was mostly looking forward to updating my already smokin' tune with his latest and greatest techniques.

I averaged 24 mpg on the way home from Fresno and we cruised at about 80 most of the time where the rest of the time was WOT spurts to about 125 or so.

I love the drivability of this new tune, and I am now able to spin the tires all the way through the end of 3rd gear!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back