Effect of IC/AS changes fore handling?

daveyboy

forum member
Reaction score
The 25th I have an autocross scheduled, the 30th I have a heads up drag series I am doing then another autocross the 7th. So there should be plenty of testing. There is lot of great info. I am still learning. All input is appreciated. Anyone have anything to add?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
At some point, after adding good dampers, springs, and sway bars, further handing tuning is at the discretion of the driver, to make the car "feel" however he wants it to. The rear LCA angle I like might make Norm have a fit.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
The rear LCA angle I like might make Norm have a fit.
Now that I'm not autocrossing, I'd probably find an oversteerish LCA inclination way too loose under too many circumstances. My GT's roughly 2.5% axle steer is pretty close to neutral, and far more nimble and willing to turn or slalom than the similar size/weight/wheelbase RWD car I'd driven at autocross with its almost 10% axle steer. For the street and for the big track, rain or shine, it seems to be a pretty good place to be, at least for me at whatever hackdriver level I've graduated to.

Norm

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I can tell you this, Darren Govoni is doing some testing here soon with his Boss302 racecar, and will be on the lowest position (4" lower than OEM) of our LCA Brackets during his next outing. I will try and remember to provide his thoughts.

Several of the road course guys over on BMO are now learning that they prefer the steeper LCA angles too.

It really depends on what the driver prefers, as we all know.

daveyboy

forum member
Reaction score
I can tell you this, Darren Govoni is doing some testing here soon with his Boss302 racecar, and will be on the lowest position (4" lower than OEM) of our LCA Brackets during his next outing. I will try and remember to provide his thoughts.

Several of the road course guys over on BMO are now learning that they prefer the steeper LCA angles too.

It really depends on what the driver prefers, as we all know.

Look forward to what his thoughts are!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
How much his car is lowered would be good information to have as well.

Do any of them try to explain why they prefer this? (And once again the matter of lowering vs relo setting is relevant.)

Norm

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I guess I see what you mean. I work with this stuff all day, so I'm used to most cars being lowered about the same.

Sure, lower makes a difference. It lowers the fore end of the uca ;)

I'll get some info for ya. But, I don't expect it to be anything out of the norm, which is 1.25" - 2"

daveyboy

forum member
Reaction score
Did my first autocross with the new set up. Didn't really have any adverse side effects. Although I couldn't tell if it handled any diffrence. maybe more seat time. anyway here is a video

...apparently I dont know how to embed a video.. here is a link Event 3

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back