Email tunes

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We do and our email files are $210 each, and we will work with you to make sure its %100 right

Kevinmach1

Major Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
$210 for an email tune, or was that a typo? I'm always looking for a more streetable tune for my automatic. I will be swapping out my TCI 3000 stall for a PI 3300 unit, so I want to see if it drives any different before I order any new tunes. I just wanted to verify what the cost is for the tune.
If it is actually 210, then what exactly do I get for the money?
Thanks...Kevin

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks...Kevin

A badass tune that is very street friendly.

I would run almost identical times at the track with their Email tune that I would run with a dynotune done by a local shop.

IMO well worth the money.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
$210 for an email tune, or was that a typo? I'm always looking for a more streetable tune for my automatic. I will be swapping out my TCI 3000 stall for a PI 3300 unit, so I want to see if it drives any different before I order any new tunes. I just wanted to verify what the cost is for the tune.
Thanks...Kevin

We can build you a whole new file for $210, do you already have a file from us?

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
$210 for an email tune, or was that a typo?

At first glance $210 may sound like a lot for a tune until you waste your 5R55S due to a $50 email tune. Suddenly that $210 doesn't seem so expensive does it!!

I will be swapping out my TCI 3000 stall for a PI 3300 unit, so I want to see if it drives any different before I order any new

Smart move. I have 2 TCI torque converters. They're both potted in my back yard where every day I can go out and piss on them!!

A badass tune that is very street friendly.

IMO well worth the money.

+1

Last edited:

2006BlackGT

Cover 3,000
Reaction score
Thanks...Kevin

No typo just the best tune you will get and will make your auto last as it should.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Smart move. I have 2 TCI torque converters. There both potted in my back yard where every day I can go out and piss on them!!

+1

LMFAO, thats good...Its true the TCI converter is not meant for the torque these cars can make with a twin screw or roots blower. I did run the same TCI converters in my NA car and they kicked ass, but anything over 400 ftlbs at the tires Id recomend your stock one over the TCI. PI's heavy duty locking converters are the best, I have pulled 1.32 60 foot times on a foot brake and drove the car everyday on the street. Thats bad ass:thumb2:

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
LMFAO, thats good...Its true the TCI converter is not meant for the torque these cars can make with a twin screw or roots blower. I did run the same TCI converters in my NA car and they kicked ass, but anything over 400 ftlbs at the tires Id recomend your stock one over the TCI. PI's heavy duty locking converters are the best, I have pulled 1.32 60 foot times on a foot brake and drove the car everyday on the street. Thats bad ass:thumb2:

Since we've already taken this thread off track......

the TCI T/C you can actually see start to slip above 400 ft. lbs. when the vehicle is on the dyno. That's how I found out both my SSF & SF TCI T/Cs were slipping.

Kevinmach1

Major Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We can build you a whole new file for $210, do you already have a file from us?

I don't have a file, but I am ready to give your tune a try. I will be adding a Zex wet kit (75 shot with my stock low end) over the winter, so will I be able to have the tune updated or is that an extra fee as well?
I do have an sct xcal3 tuner...

my06GT

Reaction score
Also ,What if you already have a tune written by you guys and upgrade to gt500 pumps ,how much is it to get the tune updated for the change? You can pm me if you like Jim.

Kevinmach1

Major Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't have a file, but I am ready to give your tune a try. I will be adding a Zex wet kit (75 shot with my stock low end) over the winter, so will I be able to have the tune updated or is that an extra fee as well?
I do have an sct xcal3 tuner...

Jim? Still wondering about the above question....Thanks.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jim? Still wondering about the above question....Thanks.

Yes we would normally charge a fee for that but we can leave the tuner unlocked so all you have to do when you want to run the nitrous is pull back 3-4 degrees timing. Since its a wet kit you dont have to worry about fuel.

Kevinmach1

Major Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes we would normally charge a fee for that but we can leave the tuner unlocked so all you have to do when you want to run the nitrous is pull back 3-4 degrees timing. Since its a wet kit you dont have to worry about fuel.

OK, cool. Just wondering though how much is the "fee" normally for an upgrade to the tune. I like to have all this information so there are no surprises down the road...LOL
Thanks!!!

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jim...how many tunes are on Sr.'s desk right now?

well there were over 40 this weekend but we are down to around 20-25 now, I sold about 5 yesterday too so....its an on going process ; )

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back