emblem

johnQ

forum member
Reaction score
I use a fishing line to cut behind the emblem to remove the glue, and very gently apply some pressure and pry the emblem loose. Be careful as there are 2 pins behind the emblem that you will have to work around. When your done, you will have 2 holes in the fender

IMG_0703.jpg

Mickey

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. I was afraid there would be holes for alignment.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
it shouldnt cost too much to have that filled and painted though

-CRUISER-

Windveil GT
Reaction score
why would u want to take off the GT?

Not really a fan of badges and emblems! I think cars looks way cleaner with smooth panels everywhere. Clean shaved is the look I've always gone for on all my rides. Besides advertising that its a GT isn't a necessity in my eyes the dual exhaust does it instead! I liked the look of the 08 Bullitt with no fender badges, spolier and the blackout grill looked super clean to me and that's the look I'm goin for!

But to each there own I guess !

H

Hockeyman82

yep whatever floats ur boat. let us know how it turns out

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
I want the tri-bar pony emblems on mine from a sixer. Anyone know if they have the same alignment pins, or will I have to drill new holes?

07calspecial

forum member
Reaction score
They should have, My son just bought a Vista blue 06 GT from Carmax that somebody had removed the GT emblems and put the Tri bar pony emblems on. It's actually a nice change.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can also remove the front tire well rear plastic dust sheild, it has like 4-5 plastic clips. That will give you access to the back of the fender and u can see the emblem pins. Heat up the emblem with a heat gun or improvise with a blow dryer and push/tap on the locating pins from the inboard side of the fender and it will pop off.

STANMAN

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, the Tri Bars have teh alignment pins as well, I have them on my GT:)

06Stang

Saleen Supercharged
Reaction score
all the fender emblems are the same pin style. DONT USE A HEAT GUN. If you dont know how to remove the emblem in the first place you'll probably melt the badge off. Use a blow drier and slowly peel it off like they said. I painted my badges black and put em back on. Came out great.

And also, the new V6s come standard with dual exhaust. No more GT/V6 comparison just by exhaust.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ya I guess !! I'll have them paint it the same time after I shave my trunk lids badge,key hole, Spoiler and third brake light !!

You'll love it!!! I did everything you are wanting, plus I had my antenna shaved as well.

170.jpg

167.jpg

171.jpg

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you repaint the car with the bumpers still on?!?!

The front bumper and side skirt were painted seperately from the car. I had to get a new front bumper, passenger side fender, and passenger side skirt replaced. The rear bumper was not repainted or touched at all.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back