end MT-82 miss shifts

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Since I plan to install both the MGW and BF bracket at the same time, I'll have both pieces on the bench. I'll try to at least mock up to see what needs to be cut off the heat shield and to see how the bottom of the shift box hits the bracket. If this is a potential source of the noise people have been getting, I'm thinking perhaps a small piece of the Dynamat in there would buffer enough to stop it; or perhaps some of the silicone MGW supplies--I'm thinking that won't be used in this application.

Oh, and I lucked out on timing, the MGW should arrive this Wednesday. I got a call from CJPP Saturday (!) informing me they are on backorder. Darn, missed the first 80. However, they expect to ship in a week to a week-and-a-half for the second run. Not too bad.

There's a rather large chunk of Dynamat in the box with the MGW shifter and I couldn't find any place to use it when I installed the shifter a few months ago. You will have plenty to work with on this.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
I currently have a Barton and their two post bracket, I'm quite happy with it actually, but I believe I'm going to order an MGW and the blowfish bracket at the same time next month when I have the funds available. can't wait!!!

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
I just installed my Blowfish bracket. The install was a piece of cake maybe an hour including putting the car up/down on jack stands.

I've just done one short test drive but I must say, it's a HUGE improvement. I'd estimate 90% of the notchy feel is gone and IMO even more importantly so is the 1-2 nibble when shifting in a turn. It's gone. You can feel more vibration through the shifter when your hand is on it, but otherwise I notice no other increase in NVH. I have the MGW shifter and Whiteline bushing installed. I took the car up to 100 and I have no rattling noises from the shifter as some others have described with the stock shift ball.

As I said, I have only driven the car once so far, but I'm thrilled with what I've seen so far.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I just installed my Blowfish bracket. The install was a piece of cake maybe an hour including putting the car up/down on jack stands.

I've just done one short test drive but I must say, it's a HUGE improvement. I'd estimate 90% of the notchy feel is gone and IMO even more importantly so is the 1-2 nibble when shifting in a turn. It's gone. You can feel more vibration through the shifter when your hand is on it, but otherwise I notice no other increase in NVH. I have the MGW shifter and Whiteline bushing installed. I took the car up to 100 and I have no rattling noises from the shifter as some others have described with the stock shift ball.

As I said, I have only driven the car once so far, but I'm thrilled with what I've seen so far.

Are you using the softer(street) durometer MGW bushing or hard(track) bushing with the bracket and Whiteline bushing?

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
Are you using the softer(street) durometer MGW bushing or hard(track) bushing with the bracket and Whiteline bushing?

That's a good question, I have the only bushing that was available when I bought the shifter. Are they now offering more than one?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
That's a good question, I have the only bushing that was available when I bought the shifter. Are they now offering more than one?

How old is your MGW shifter? If it's an original then you have the harder track durameter bushing. I think MGW offered the softer(street) durameter bushing with version 2 of the shifter which is the one I have although you can buy the softer one for your shifter as well.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I don't think the race bushing will gain you anything except more vibration. All the racers on BMO use the race bushing because racecar but I drive mine on the street. The shifter works perfectly with the street bushing. The addition of the BF bracket eliminated the sponginess and flex going into gear, especially 5th.

That said, Darren can simply leave the bushing out completely since his never leaves the garage. :poke:

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, I have the original bushing. My shifter is a pretty early unit, probably the first production batch.

DLM

forum member
Reaction score
I went ahead and paid the extra cost and purchased one directly from blowfish racing, but they only had six left.
If this bracket does what it states it will be worth the cost as currently I get locked out of gear every pass I make down the track on slicks, and it has become depressing. I will be posting feed back here good or bad so stay tuned it should be either this weekend or the next when I hit the track again.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back