ENGINE ????????

FBOMB

forum member
Reaction score
will an 03 4.6 rotating assy. work in our engine's...
its from a corba..with 3000 miles on the clock....

any pro's or con's....

thanks keith

RRRoamer

Reaction score
Everything but the pistons (3 valve engines have different valve notches in the pistons than 2 or 4 valve engines). Also, If my memory is correct, the Cobra crank is an eight bolt crank, so you would need a different flywheel or flex plate to mate up to it.

Of course, that is just what I remember from the assorted discussions here over the last few years, so definitely take that with a grain of salt!

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Pistons will work too because they'll be so damn far down in the hole it won't make a difference.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Everything but the pistons (3 valve engines have different valve notches in the pistons than 2 or 4 valve engines). Also, If my memory is correct, the Cobra crank is an eight bolt crank, so you would need a different flywheel or flex plate to mate up to it.

Of course, that is just what I remember from the assorted discussions here over the last few years, so definitely take that with a grain of salt!

your right about the crank.. I bought the new flywheel from spec.

FBOMB

forum member
Reaction score
also has any one done this...i know i need a corba flywheel..but what clutch will i need...
anything else that i might need...

thanks keith

Last edited:

matt texass

Reaction score
Pistons will work too because they'll be so damn far down in the hole it won't make a difference.

That is good to hear because people keep saying we have to change out the pistons to use a 03 cobra bottom end.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back