Eric Brooks or Lito?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
OP,

I have used both tuners. I trailered my car all the way to GA. for Eric Brooks to tune my car on his dyno. He is a very good tuner with great skills. I didnt do remote tuning with him though so I cannot speak of that.

Now as far as Lito goes, he is the most talented tuner I have ever worked with! He has more knowledge of the car and ECM and the way it is all controlled then any one I have ever talked to. There are a lot of tuners out there can go though the SCT programs, point and click and get the car out the door. It is a far greater thing to really know the computer system in your car inside and out. I have been tuning my car with Lito and he has been amazing. He would be the first to tell you though mine has been no easy tune. I have deleted and changed the car to no end. Due to issues with time and mechanical problems my car has taken a while to tune. Lito has always been fast to respond and has even sent me tunes close to midnight before so it would be there for me to test the next day. He has been very helpful in guiding me to MANY issues with my car and helped with the selection of some of the things I have done to finish the car. Hell sometimes I feel like he is trying to protect me from myself. There is NOBODY I trust more with my tuning needs at this point. Oh and for those that haven't done much dataloging, the first datalog I ever did while driving my car was when Lito sent me a configuration file and we started tuning. I have learned so much about dataloging and things to watch for. I also now feel more comfortable with my tune becouse I saw it come together on the road in a real world environment.

Bottom line is, you cannot go wrong with Lito!

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
OP,

I have used both tuners. I trailered my car all the way to GA. for Eric Brooks to tune my car on his dyno. He is a very good tuner with great skills. I didnt do remote tuning with him though so I cannot speak of that.

Now as far as Lito goes, he is the most talented tuner I have ever worked with! He has more knowledge of the car and ECM and the way it is all controlled then any one I have ever talked to. There are a lot of tuners out there can go though the SCT programs, point and click and get the car out the door. It is a far greater thing to really know the computer system in your car inside and out. I have been tuning my car with Lito and he has been amazing. He would be the first to tell you though mine has been no easy tune. I have deleted and changed the car to no end. Due to issues with time and mechanical problems my car has taken a while to tune. Lito has always been fast to respond and has even sent me tunes close to midnight before so it would be there for me to test the next day. He has been very helpful in guiding me to MANY issues with my car and helped with the selection of some of the things I have done to finish the car. Hell sometimes I feel like he is trying to protect me from myself. There is NOBODY I trust more with my tuning needs at this point. Oh and for those that haven't done much dataloging, the first datalog I ever did while driving my car was when Lito sent me a configuration file and we started tuning. I have learned so much about dataloging and things to watch for. I also now feel more comfortable with my tune becouse I saw it come together on the road in a real world environment.

Bottom line is, you cannot go wrong with Lito!

Thats what Ive read about him, sounds like he's the go to guy. I tried your Texas meet link, didnt work. Where's the meet? Thanks for all the help.

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with Lito yet, but I can tell you that I had an OK experience with Eric Brooks. I've since moved away from that setup, so I don't run that tune anymore, but it was a strong tune that got rid of a lot of the issues I had with a local tuner's product. Also, his communication at the time was good. One time, in the middle of Buttfuck, Louisiana, my MAF.ia failed and left me stranded. Eric emailed me a no-MAF.ia tune that got me home. I was very happy with that level of customer service.

I'll also send this via PM, but I'm in if Lito does a dyno day in Texas. I'll drive to San Antonio for that, assuming the prices are reasonable and there's some after-the-fact support.

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, there seems to be alot of blown Mustangs in Texas, does anyone ever organize a track day at either Evadale or Baytown? It would be blast to get together. Things came up and I couldnt start this morning, my wife is itching to get this started, I think more than me, lol.

I see the event, looks like agood plan, and I'm off that weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Lito will be the one who lets you know what rpm he wants to pull from and to. I believe it was either 1500 or 2000 for me to redline. Just try not to hit the rev limiter.

And Againstallodds1 is correct that I left in first and then quickly shifted into 4th(when I had my manual trans in the car) and did the pull.

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I bought this kit used and I just took the top off my wastegate and discovered two things, the guy that put it together pinched the orange seal, and it has two springs in it, a big blue and a small green. How do I find out what wg I have? Its a Tial, it has a serial number but doesn't bring up anything. Is the seal ruined? I applied some pressure on the side port just playing with it and it didn't sound like it had a leak.

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, there seems to be alot of blown Mustangs in Texas, does anyone ever organize a track day at either Evadale or Baytown?
We have a meet in Houston at the end of July, including a night at the track. We're not reserving the track just for us, though. There's a thread in the Regional/South Central subforum.

Airborne2000

forum member
Reaction score
Eric Brooks, great guy, great tunes. 25 mpg with 450 rwhp, i cant complain about this tune.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
I've heard amazing things about Lito, and his customer service and involvement in the forums is very admirable.

That being said, Eric Brooks tuned my car remotely and did a fantastic job. Even more amazing is that my car is such a frankenstein. It's definitely not a routine tune or something that he would've been able to pull from a previously written tune.

Turbostangs90

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Saleen S281....you say your an hour east of houston? So that puts you in the Golden Triangle somewhere right? Im from Lumberton but now live in Orange. LMK if you need any help with this turbo install or anything related.

Hows the install coming?

And while we are on the subject about remote tunes....how long does it take to get the tuned completed? Can this be done in a day? 2,3? And S281, have you even considered taking it to TSS? They have tuned quite a few turbo 3v cars.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
And while we are on the subject about remote tunes....how long does it take to get the tuned completed? Can this be done in a day? 2,3? And S281, have you even considered taking it to TSS? They have tuned quite a few turbo 3v cars.
I guess technically, it can be done in a day. It depends on how busy you are, how busy the tuner is, whether or not you have a wideband, or have to get your AFR from a dyno. Not to mention, how simple/complicated your car is.

I don't remember for sure, but I'm pretty sure my car took about 4-5 days, and that was with Eric and me being pretty busy. It was drivable in 1 day, though... and 100% safe by day 2. He did a great job, especially consider how bizarre my car is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Saleen S281....you say your an hour east of houston? So that puts you in the Golden Triangle somewhere right? Im from Lumberton but now live in Orange. LMK if you need any help with this turbo install or anything related.

Hows the install coming?

Hey, yeah, I'm in Bridge City. Thanks for offering to help, I'm doing ok right now, just a bunch of parts hunting, etc. and with the holiday today, I'm cleaning up, mowing yard and all that BS, lol. As far as TSS, I have thought about them, but since they didnt install it, and something pops loose, needs to get fixed, or whatever, the labor rate is pretty steep. So I figured I'll do it remotely so I have time to fix issues here and there w/o tying up the dyno, or costing me hundreds more to get them to fix it. Daniel is a good guy.

I guess technically, it can be done in a day. It depends on how busy you are, how busy the tuner is, whether or not you have a wideband, or have to get your AFR from a dyno. Not to mention, how simple/complicated your car is.

I don't remember for sure, but I'm pretty sure my car took about 4-5 days, and that was with Eric and me being pretty busy. It was drivable in 1 day, though... and 100% safe by day 2. He did a great job, especially consider how bizarre my car is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thats another thing, my Saleen used to be my dd, not anymore so I have time to tinker with it now, I have a work truck now. So if it takes a few days to get it going, its not a problem.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Thats another thing, my Saleen used to be my dd, not anymore so I have time to tinker with it now, I have a work truck now. So if it takes a few days to get it going, its not a problem.
I recommend that any who mods our cars like some of us here have a clunker to get by, just in case.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Hows the install coming?

I have family in Orange. I know exactly where you took that sig pic of your car too. I'm going to be down your way in Aug.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll probably be in my truck unless I happen to be able to get my car into the shop and get the gears in the rear end fixed. I'm going TDY to California for the rest of the month so I won't have much time before I go on leave to get it done.

Turbostangs90

forum member
Reaction score
I got a THP kit. No not a member of any clubs but I sometimes roll out to kohls in Bmt....and I bring my fox out to evadale from time to time.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back