Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
cam cap? Is that even a real part? :chairfall:

Picture003.jpg

hawkeye18

omgwtfbbq
Reaction score
Oh ok, i was thinking something totally different but i've never seen inside too many modular engines... Seems like something on the same aisle as the blinker fluid in k-mart. :chairfall:

And here I was, thinking you were making a pushrod joke.

Chrome61

forum member
Reaction score
I wonder if they are going to do this fix on the other 5.0's on their lot that were rattling.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
S197 GT,

I'm glad it has all worked out for you and Hopefully for others with the same situation.

tigerhonaker

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I added another 40 miles or so yesterday, and I gotta say that the noise seems to be gone.

I want to get the answers to the questions above still and I plan on driving at least 500 miles before I come to my conclusion.

I feel a lot more comfortable now about the car at this point, so I went ahead and ordered my JLT and BBR tunes.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Well I added another 40 miles or so yesterday, and I gotta say that the noise seems to be gone.

I want to get the answers to the questions above still and I plan on driving at least 500 miles before I come to my conclusion.

I feel a lot more comfortable now about the car at this point, so I went ahead and ordered my JLT and BBR tunes.

Hot damn, that's good info brother!! I'm actually very excited and relieved for you! This is something we can all put in the back of the old brain bucket and pull it out if we ever have this issue.

I'd be willing to bet this will be a TSB in no time. If it isn't already.

Reaction score

well, that is indeed a good sign when you took it in and on first startup it stopped. Seems like it wasnt one of these: "lets do this, ok? ... no... ok let's try this.... ok? no... let's do this *crosses fingers*... ok cool"

GTmike

forum member
Reaction score
Good to hear you got her fixed......Sounds like you have a decent dealer to deal with. Thanks for keeping us posted and being the guinea pig......

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
To the OP, I'm the guy from the ALLFORDMUSTANGS forum who posted about several engine ticks and the runaround I've been getting. They still haven't fixed it. Here's a taste of my saga, if you didn't see it:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...ang-5-0-engine-problem-fords-strange-fix.html

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...6-2011-mustang-5-0-engine-problems-again.html

I'm glad this worked out for you. They did tighten the cam caps on mine at one point and claimed it was fixed. They later acknowledged the noise(s) was still there.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back