Exhaust performance question

latch5

forum member
Reaction score
Looking for some added performance but do not want sound much louder than stock. Shoud I be looking a catback systems, shortie headers or ?

AJ

US Muscle, AUS Hustle....
Reaction score
A catted X-pipe might be where you want to look.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
For performance and good power gains go with a set of Longtube Headers, a catted midpipe, and a set of Corsa Axlebacks. With that setup the car will have no drone when crusing as if it was stock, and wake up make some noise when its WOT. Should be just what your looking for. But if all of that isnt in the your budget at the moment, start with a catback system and go from there. I still do recommend the Corsas.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
+1 on the Longtubes with a catted mid pipe. As long as you keep the stock mufflers on the noise level won't be far from stock while idling/cruising and it will sound awesome at WOT.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
For "performance", long tubes and your preference of mid mipe (catted or not, x, h or prochamber) is as good as it gets. The catback and mufflers on these cars flow very well and show minimal gains when upgraded. Mufflers are usually changed out for sound purposes only.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
With 300 miles on my car I was on the dyno and dyno'd stock as well as with Borla Stingers and gained zero hp between the two.

As others have stated LT's and either an off road x/h pipe or a catted x/h with high flow cats gain you the most power.

Back