Extreme measures for mods?

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Ok, so I know most, if not all of us have done some pretty crazy things to help fund some of our mustang mods (or other hobbies) in some way or another. I want to see who is the most determined enthusiast when it comes to their hobbies..

I will start.

I am 23 years old and I am a senior in college about to graduate. I work full time during the day (good paying job) which pays for my mustang, my house (not renting!), and college tuition (no student loans!)...While this job pays for my essentials, I gotta have money to play with, right???

So, when Im not at my regular job or at school, I got a 2nd NIGHT job at an apartment complex picking up trash! It's not as bad as you would think but you do loose a little bit of your dignity because people look at you like your scum and nasty. I go to each apartment door (332 doors to be exact) and if they have any trash, I load it into my truck and drive it to the compactor which is located on site. I work about 2 hours a night, 5 nights a week. So about 40 hours a month. But here's the good part...They pay $1100/ month..That right there is mod money my friends. :beer:

So, whats your story? :popcorneat:

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
i work the corner of 12th and main.

Thursdays, fridays, weekends, and sometimes tuesdays. I usually hang out by the northwestern corner streetlamp with the 7-eleven.

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
If only more people had your work ethic! You understand the value of a dollar and deserve all the benefits that go along with that extra effort. Good luck.

Drewskie

forum member
Reaction score
If only more people had your work ethic! You understand the value of a dollar and deserve all the benefits that go along with that extra effort. Good luck.

+1.. OP I'm only a couple years younger than you and I work in a restaurant. I see countless "kids" our age that will just piss money away like it's nothing

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
yea...thank God my father put in some great parenting skills..

Back on topic...Come on guys, I know we all have done something crazy to fund projects...Please share!

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
4 tours to Iraq ! The last 2 i volunteered so i could finish my car and pay ALL my bills off! If that aint extreme lol

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Boosted you are the man. Your parents should be proud of you. I am very lucky and can do any mod to my car, but I got there by having a work ethic like you. Keep doing what your doing, you will have success all through life bro.

Whyask, your just plain crazy dude!!! LOL

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
4 tours to Iraq ! The last 2 i volunteered so i could finish my car and pay ALL my bills off! If that aint extreme lol

you my sir are awesome...it's people like you (and my younger brother) to whom i look to when I think I have it bad...Makes me see things a lot clearer and how things could be alot worse. I applaud you for your service, dedication, and love for this country to serve like you do. I cant buy you a beer, but how about 2 smileys drinking? :beer:

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
To the OP, great story to read. Unfortunately, most of Americans and those who mod cars, fall into the credit card trap and rack up thousands, only to realize later down the road they should have saved the old fashioned way and then bought their parts.

Meikol02

Reaction score
Whyask, you have a tough act to follow (thanks BTW)

I am so mundane as to save the money I set aside from each paycheck for food (lunch at work) and incidentals until I can get the next part on the list. Then wheel and deal best I can to get to a price that matches the money in hand...

No credit for toys (other than the car note, and I sold my motorcycle and my previous mustang to pay down on this one.)...I did enough damage with credit.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
I went to college for 7-1/2 years to get a math major, physics minor, pre-engineering degree, and construction management degree.

Now, I'm a senior estimator for a commercial construction company. I make pretty good money but that usually goes towards the kids, bills, the wife, ect. My mods come from my bonus checks.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I pipeline so I work out of town a lot, it's good money but the downside is I only got to drive my car about 50 miles this year. Next year doesn't look very promising either as far as driving but looks like my engine and trans will be getting built.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back