F150 Ecoboost Builds

VA Raptor

forum member
Reaction score
2013 FX4 SCab... The All Terrain Good Year Wranglers (18" LT) couldn't make that huge of a difference could it? I mean people are running 20" LT Nitto Trail Grapplers and getting what I'm getting.

It's possible, but mine has the 20" wheels with factory Bridgestone tires and it does get better than the 16mpg average you're seeing. My 2012 had 18's (can't remember the tires it had) and got pretty much the same as my 2013 does; both have/had 3.73 gearing. What was your plug gap at? .030 - .032?

Yeah I've driven quite a few EBs and they do pull hard. But I love hearing my motor and the EB doesn't really have anything to make the exhaust sound good. But spool is nice. It's so hard to find a 6.2 truck

Agree that none of the aftermarket exhaust do much for the sound on the EB, though the Full-Race exhaust sounds decent, but not like a V8. I do love the look on peoples faces though when they try to overtake me from a stop and my 3 ton silent sled blows by them :boobies:

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Custom exhaust punk!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't need it!

Damnit Kyle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must see it in person.

Electronic Locking w/3.55 Axle Ratio

When you do take your check book! You will buy it.

I know.... lol id magnapack it and let the weedeater roar!!!!!!!!!

You'll enjoy the ride, comfort and quiet so much you'll never even think about the exhaust...

Oh and that look

Heres ya one James, if this don't make ya buy one nothing will

Just for the record, no matter what you do you can not make a v6 sound like a v8. won't happen. Maybe at idle but as soon as you step on the go peddle here comes the (insert your insulting remark here) sound.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
So I upgraded the factory door speakers to some Infinity Reference 8602-CFXs. They seem to be great so far. I ran into trouble with the passenger door though. The little white trains on the window track were actually hitting the magnet / speaker wiring. I ended up having to use the Dremel and sand down those little 'trains'. I hope it's good. Very odd.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
As ridiculous as it sounds, I like the EB better than the 6.2L, I love the Raptor but its just a slug compared to the EB even with the 4.10. You just have to floor it to get places and the EB only requires a little push to boost it up. I previously drove a 5.0 fx4 in the fall and it was nice and got great consistent mileage but the power was lacking in comparison.

My dad and I are toying with putting a Whipple 2.9 on his Harley f150 to make the 6.2 more "alive" so we will see how that goes.

I hear you about the sound of the v8 but the EB turbo sound is intoxicating IMO.

Id love to tune my current demo to see what that's like, but obvious can't.

Last edited:

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
A tune makes an entire world of difference on the EB too. Night and day. 35-50 rwhp and 75-100 torque pending type of tune gains.

You like it now....wait til you drive a tuned one. :)

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I just cant find any good deals on EBs, they are all over priced.

I dont NEED an FX4, and I could go get a fully loaded one, but I also have plenty of other big payments and one huge payment now, so I would prefer less lol. A XLT would do the job for me.

But even then, 36 for a XLT with an EB. gtfo

erat

forum member
Reaction score

I dont NEED an FX4, and I could go get a fully loaded one, but I also have plenty of other big payments and one huge payment now, so I would prefer less lol. A XLT would do the job for me.

13C9EAED-78F5-4365-ABE4-461FF6F3A9D1-462-00000035325E370A_zps1c20b2c9.jpg

I may be selling this one in a few weeks.....-$5,000 off invoice. >500 miles on the OD. It's repaired, but chasing blown sensors is getting old. FYI, those of your with sunroofs, check to see the factory installed the drain properly. This one was draining inside the structure of the body which was already causing rust.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score

Got A color in mind Mike?

Sent from iPhone

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
How much would we be looking at Erat?

I think I want black or maybe white.. Really like that new red too, but I don't think I can commit lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
How much would we be looking at Erat?

I think I want black or maybe white.. Really like that new red too, but I don't think I can commit lol.

Get you a grey FX2 to match your Stang! Or XLT. You should be able to find an XLT with some great options in 4x2 for less than 30k or right at that after incentives. Most dealers are giving 6-6500 off sticker plus the rebates. Hell I got my FX4 for 38.5k after incentives, etc. and it was stickered at 50.8k.

EDIT: Kevin do you have a method to check the drain? I have the moonroof and would hate to know it wasn't draining properly.

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Well the stangs getting sold so it wouldn't match haha! Found a decent XLT EB for 29k used with 22k miles,

erat

forum member
Reaction score
Will likely sell it for around $40k, if I dump it. That's $5k under the best deal going. It has every option, including a leveling kit, bed liner, Retrax roll cover and tint.

This is how we found the drain, it was draining inside the body.

A3E6BC68-389F-4DCB-B341-F8D4B9EC75B4-4691-000001DF6C3D823F_zpsac3dd242.jpg

This is how it should be and looks now:

540D4822-CF86-4856-A4F8-EE1789562B34-4691-000001E36AEB0D57_zpse812c18b.jpg

We found it because we changed the entire floor if the truck, instead of hacking it up like insurance wanted us to do:

22F00A7A-614A-4BCA-AAEB-98617D6A0363-4691-000001DF593C64A9_zpsc7d0282a.jpg

Last edited:

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Well the stangs getting sold so it wouldn't match haha! Found a decent XLT EB for 29k used with 22k miles,

Mike the 13 XLTs are only stickered at around 39 brand spanking new! With incentives you should be able to get them way lower than that in Houston!

Sent from iPhone

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score

Bodam

forum member
Reaction score
Jana Baker at Tomball ford gave me a killer deal. Beat every price I got in Houston.

13 screw ecoboost lariat. Kodiak Brown

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score

Damn how did I miss those lol!

We have a couple fully loaded FX4's Crews with all options except for appearance package for $36K.

Damn.. Wonder how much work it would be to get it over here.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back