factory navigation do-able?

mykim72

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 06 GT with a shaker 500 and ive read through pages and pages of threads...i dont really care if an error message pops up on start up as long as it works like it should. Is it possible or even worth the head ache to have one? i prefer the stock nav over an aftermarket but wonder if its do-able...anyone who has already done this...please chime in

344Saleen

forum member
Reaction score
I have it in my 06 mustang and it works very nice. Your right you just get a navi error after you input a destination but all you have to di it hit ok once and its gone

Kevinmach1

Major Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Where did you find one, and what does it require to install it???

344Saleen

forum member
Reaction score
check ebay i see them on there all the time, I didnt buy mine so im not 100% sure where previous owner got it. All you need to install it is a antenna adaptor.

this is what mine looks like (this is not my car)

4c32_1_sbl.JPG

DCP_7834.JPG

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would think it is easily done. I am sure it is probably much easier then the install of my f90bt and that wasn't too bad at all.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I checked e-bay.. for the price you can get other units that do more.. not worth it imo

mykim72

forum member
Reaction score
an aftermarket would be better and easier since you dont have to program it...but i like oem stuff...i found it on ebay for $1100 ready to go

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
an aftermarket would be better and easier since you dont have to program it...but i like oem stuff...i found it on ebay for $1100 ready to go

Wow, I only paid $450 from my F90bt which does much more and you can plug an ipod adapter into it.

JAY86

forum member
Reaction score
the ford navigation is way overpriced for what it does.... get a nice pioneer one and go to avic411.com and hack the shit out of your unit and you will a nice HU/navigation that can do way more then you will ever need, lol.

mykim72

forum member
Reaction score
overpriced? yes...will my car get constantly broken into? i doubt it...aftermarket HU is a bulls eye for the kids out here...

mykim72

forum member
Reaction score
im thinking of getting rid of the alarm and getting a pitbull...leave him in the house during the day and in the car at night...

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
im thinking of getting rid of the alarm and getting a pitbull...leave him in the house during the day and in the car at night...

That's the idea!! oh, and I was looking into the factory nav unit a while back until i gave my buddy at parts & services a call, he told me the price and I just shit... lol. That mod will have to come later for me.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back