factory navigation do-able?

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i found my clarion head unit at a audio show for $750, retailed at $1,400! and yeah ebay is your friend!

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
Wow, I only paid $450 from my F90bt which does much more and you can plug an ipod adapter into it.

Funny how we wind up doing a lot of the same stuff. Have you put all the mods on yours from avic411? When I get the car back from BBR I am putting in that new front end that lets you use all the navigation softwares.

I just bought one of those new volume knobs for it. Lemme tell you. Worth every penny. I can now rest my hand on the shifter and turn it easily with two fingers. The unit should have come with that knob.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Funny how we wind up doing a lot of the same stuff. Have you put all the mods on yours from avic411? When I get the car back from BBR I am putting in that new front end that lets you use all the navigation softwares.

I just bought one of those new volume knobs for it. Lemme tell you. Worth every penny. I can now rest my hand on the shifter and turn it easily with two fingers. The unit should have come with that knob.

Haha, Great minds think alike. Heck, if I was doing all the mods now I would have went with a turbo too, although I would have got the same kind that SD is using. As for the hacks, the only one I have in is the one so I can do the nav and watch DVD's while the car is in motion. I probably will be adding a lot more hacks once I am back from this school.

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
Haha, Great minds think alike. Heck, if I was doing all the mods now I would have went with a turbo too, although I would have got the same kind that SD is using. As for the hacks, the only one I have in is the one so I can do the nav and watch DVD's while the car is in motion. I probably will be adding a lot more hacks once I am back from this school.

Buy that stupid knob too. I got it black with the knurls. It is AWESOME!

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
im thinking of getting rid of the alarm and getting a pitbull...leave him in the house during the day and in the car at night...

I tried that once... they stole the system AND the dog! fuckers :wtf:

The unit posted early in this tread is used in many of Ford's current vehicles. I would look through some savage yards that get newer vehicles and seach for one in a totaled car. I did this for an upgraded system in another car a few years back. I got $800 MSRP head unit for $100 out a a car 1 year older than mine. It still had 6 CD's in it too! LOL

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

mustang3life

Reaction score
I tried that once... they stole the system AND the dog! fuckers :wtf:

The unit posted early in this tread is used in many of Ford's current vehicles. I would look through some savage yards that get newer vehicles and seach for one in a totaled car. I did this for an upgraded system in another car a few years back. I got $800 MSRP head unit for $100 out a a car 1 year older than mine. It still had 6 CD's in it too! LOL

Any good cds?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Any good cds?

Ther only good ones (sort of) were Blink 182, Alice In Chains, and the soundtrack to the Matrix. The rest were homemade mixed CDs.

Blink an Alice is a bit light for me, but at least they were main stream.. :beerdrink:

07stangcs

Undecided
Reaction score
Theft here in Houston is really bad 2. Just bought a stolen Kenwood 7" flip out touchscreen dvd indash for $50 bucks on the street. Looks brand spankin new and works great.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Theft here in Houston is really bad 2. Just bought a stolen Kenwood 7" flip out touchscreen dvd indash for $50 bucks on the street. Looks brand spankin new and works great.

You might not wanna post that on an open forum.. lol. Just an idea.. maybe buying them "second hand" is the way to go. :beerchug2:

07stangcs

Undecided
Reaction score
Well its not really illegal to buy stolen property if you dont know its stolen. Got it off craigslist *Wink Wink*. 90% of pawn shops stuff is stolen here in Houston. Just comes down to if the owner had serial numbers an most people dont...

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Nice, no wonder theft is so bad, people like you reward the criminals by buying the stuff they steal.

SonicBlur

]V[EGADET]-[
Reaction score
Wood Dale/Schaumburg, Illinois. Near Chicago
Well its not really illegal to buy stolen property if you dont know its stolen. Got it off craigslist *Wink Wink*. 90% of pawn shops stuff is stolen here in Houston. Just comes down to if the owner had serial numbers an most people dont...
Actually, purchasing stolen property is illegal (whether you know it or not) and if caught you will be arrested. You would have to appear before a judge and if you can prove that you didn't know it was stolen then you'll be set free. But the judge is not stupid, if you purchased a $400+ stereo for $50 and you had no idea it was stolen won't fly in court.

Trust me. Ask any cop if you don't believe me.

-Mike

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Actually, purchasing stolen property is illegal (whether you know it or not) and if caught you will be arrested. You would have to appear before a judge and if you can prove that you didn't know it was stolen then you'll be set free. But the judge is not stupid, if you purchased a $400+ stereo for $50 and you had no idea it was stolen won't fly in court.

Trust me. Ask any cop if you don't believe me.

-Mike

+1. Not to thread jack, but some dude I met started talking cars, naturally, I had to go listen.. he bought an EVO 9 for 5K. Got pulled over two weeks later and they took the car and his ass in.

And to contribute to the thread, I just know where I'm going most of the time. Don't need Navi, but I also found out, I've been paying for it on my phone for months, so I'll just use that one.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
f90BT FTMFW its the friggen best. Got one in my 2002 and planning on one for the 05

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back