Failsafe Engine Mode

STOCK GT

forum member
Reaction score
My mustang is a 2005 GT Auto, completely stock motor and has never been flashed. So last October I got into a accident where I hit a curb, went up it went over a small bolder. It mangled up the suspension allittle and ripped out my evap. Yesterday I finally got the car done. All new suspension, rear end, driveshaft, etc. Pulled the car out and took it down the block very easy, (10-15mph). Then the message on my dash pops up failsafe engine mode, and FUEL LEVEL LOW DTE ODO ERR, also my overdrive light was flashing on the dash. So I turned around and pulled it back in the garage to do some research. I'm thinking the proplem is the evap lines. I do no have the 2 lines Hooked up yey becuase I'm waiting on the hoses. I tried unplugging the TPS and plugging it back in but that didn't work. In allittle bit im going to read the DTC's

Any help or input would be appricated. I've been searching around google but everyone else that has had this problem has been in the tune.

STOCK GT

forum member
Reaction score
10409590_814011285285091_8468762402806738414_n.jpg

10363522_814011248618428_1211305588145466071_n.jpg

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Sounds like some wires are cut or disconnected. Check the connectors on the PCM, too, make sure they are plugged in properly.
Start with the P0 DTC codes, resolve those first, and go from there.

The suspension and mechanical aspects may be fixed, but you have other wiring and electrical issues now. (if you end up needing a new harness and/or pcm, check out the classifieds; i have some fer sale).

STOCK GT

forum member
Reaction score
Car is all fixed. I knew what the evap codes were from considering it wasn't plugged in and the evap lines weren't connected yet. Next was the speed sensor. I pulled that out and well it was cracked. Went to ford got a new one and it drive perfect again. 0 issues. All th body and chassis codes are gone also. Not sure how. The only code I have is the oil temp sensor. But that's because I have a 07+ pan on a 05, so the sensor isn't plugged in.

Thanks for the help guys

Back