Fastlane twin turbo install has begun...

tehsleeper

forum member
Reaction score
I just busted some dumb asses balls for his idiocy. He was saying your car weighs 3 tons... Morons these days.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
lol, nice! you should see what the gto forums are sayig... man they talk some crap...

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223182
Guess what... they are right. The Mustang in the video was a turd. Twin turbos running 12.5, and it's an advertisement for a tuning shop? Sheesh... I wouldn't post that on the internet.

Hey wait... a Grabber Orange Turd? GOT? Almost like a GTO....

... oh nevermind

mwilkes

cheesewhiz
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
really? it is? I thought it was good... show's what I know.. I thought that was a decent time for a car running on 20 inch street tires... Oh well, it's fast enough for me, i'm not taking it to the track again so i guess i'll just have to live with it being a turd.

onebadgsx

Reaction score
i run 12.5 on motor and 11.7 on the juice, with alot less money in my car. seems like alot of money for 12.5's.

mwilkes

cheesewhiz
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hmmm... think your 4:10's have more to do with that than anything. I had everything you did prior to the turbo's except the 4:10's and and the nitrous.

My current gears are the OEM 3:55 but in low gears the car can spin all the way to third. I'm not sure that running higher gears would be a good thing.

the guy who built the car keeps telling me to put some drag radials on the car and try it again. might have to do that...

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just registered on LS1GThO, and told them what a blast I had killing one of their precious jelly beans from a stop-light with basically a stock Mustang and 4.10's. I'm pretty sure I'll get banned in no time.

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just registered on LS1GThO, and told them what a blast I had killing one of their precious jelly beans from a stop-light with basically a stock Mustang and 4.10's. I'm pretty sure I'll get banned in no time.
:shower:

well, the truth is that, that really was a slow past at for an add, there are many ppl running those numbers with bolts on and drag radials. most turboed ppl i have seen are at least on 11's. as for the tires. i think turbopete was running like 11.4 on 20"s.

Other than that, i love the setup and i think you should be able to make it go faster with some practice. what other mods do you?

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
1) I thought GTOs were not being made anymore because they look like supped up Hondas?

2) Wasent the 05s just as quick as the GTOs Stock Till they upped it another 50hp after 2 years of its interdiction?

3) Isn't there a good 7K price difference between the 2? I paid 25K in 05 for mine

Dont let these people get to you. First of all "Turd" is a copy write trademark that belongs to me. I have earned it and worked hard for it. You paid some money and went down the track. I paid money and had someone blow the engine, Paid money to Rebuild the engine with chickens and cats all in and on the car. (Thanks to Don). Anyway, Half those guys are full of shit. I dont race much and My times suck too (just got 12.4 last week with more hp then you). I Dont have much experience as some of these old farts here and I'm sure in the GTO forum also. When I have gone to Sacramento raceway I have not seen one newer GTO to worry about and the ones I have ran into the streets were looking at my rear. I'm sure they are out there and know some have bad ass drivers. You spent good money on something you wanted. This is the same BS I have been telling everyone here. You dont have to have a KB to be fast. All you can do is pick something you like and have fun and learn from there. I too have the stock 3.55's and I was told long ago for my Procharger I need 4.10s( in a box now) little by little I'm getting better. My Goal is to get into the 11's and still have a street legal car. As for the Shop I understand they want people to know about their kit but it should have been with a better race prep car and experienced driver. When Procharger Came out they showed and claimed 11's with just the kit. (They didnt tell me about the 20 years exp driver and slicks with 40 deg temps and tail winds.) haha.

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
1) I thought GTOs were not being made anymore because they look like supped up Hondas?

2) Wasent the 05s just as quick as the GTOs Stock Till they upped it another 50hp after 2 years of its interdiction?

3) Isn't there a good 7K price difference between the 2? I paid 25K in 05 for mine

Dont let these people get to you. First of all "Turd" is a copy write trademark that belongs to me. I have earned it and worked hard for it. You paid some money and went down the track. I paid money and had someone blow the engine, Paid money to Rebuild the engine with chickens and cats all in and on the car. (Thanks to Don). Anyway, Half those guys are full of shit. I dont race much and My times suck too (just got 12.4 last week with more hp then you). I Dont have much experience as some of these old farts here and I'm sure in the GTO forum also. When I have gone to Sacramento raceway I have not seen one newer GTO to worry about and the ones I have ran into the streets were looking at my rear. I'm sure they are out there and know some have bad ass drivers. You spent good money on something you wanted. This is the same BS I have been telling everyone here. You dont have to have a KB to be fast. All you can do is pick something you like and have fun and learn from there. I too have the stock 3.55's and I was told long ago for my Procharger I need 4.10s( in a box now) little by little I'm getting better. My Goal is to get into the 11's and still have a street legal car. As for the Shop I understand they want people to know about their kit but it should have been with a better race prep car and experienced driver. When Procharger Came out they showed and claimed 11's with just the kit. (They didnt tell me about the 20 years exp driver and slicks with 40 deg temps and tail winds.) haha.
What he said!

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Aw, so nice to see a happy emoticon ending here, lol!!

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
:shower:

well, the truth is that, that really was a slow past at for an add, there are many ppl running those numbers with bolts on and drag radials. most turboed ppl i have seen are at least on 11's. as for the tires. i think turbopete was running like 11.4 on 20"s.

Other than that, i love the setup and i think you should be able to make it go faster with some practice. what other mods do you?

I dont understand why you would sell the Hellion Kit, Its a great Kit with top parts. I will say the Fastlane Kit is very clean being a twin turbo car .
For the record I went a 11.80 @ 124.68 if I remember correctly on 20"Street Radials with a 2.098 60ft.
My car is Automatic and the gear change from Stock 3.31 TO 3.73 helped b/c my car is a tank @ 4068 lbs with me in it.
The drag radials will help you for sure, how much boost are you running on the stock block anyway?

Pete

mwilkes

cheesewhiz
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dunno, I guess I just didn't feel like installing it. There's nothing wrong with it. I did get to ride in one with the hellion and it didn't perform that great. granted, it could have been a bad tune and the owner said it was having some trouble making more than 420 rwhp - Anyway, just the talk from the owner made me kinda go off the kit. When I got to ride in the Fastlane's kit I was pretty impressed and decided I wanted their kit instead.

I'm running 9#s boost

TheDarkPath

forum member
Reaction score
Dunno, I guess I just didn't feel like installing it. There's nothing wrong with it. I did get to ride in one with the hellion and it didn't perform that great. granted, it could have been a bad tune and the owner said it was having some trouble making more than 420 rwhp - Anyway, just the talk from the owner made me kinda go off the kit. When I got to ride in the Fastlane's kit I was pretty impressed and decided I wanted their kit instead.

I'm running 9#s boost

Let me know if you ever want to go to HRP again. I'll be going again on March 16th and looking for mid-low 12s. I'll let you borrow the DRs for a pass to see if they help you.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back