Fender conversion

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
You're going to end up with that either way you do it unless you just chop the front end off of some 11-up fenders and somehow combine that with your 05-09 fender

Yah I guess looking closer, the bumper covers from the 10+ start the flare, so sorta of stuck with it.. unless can somehow morph it

05Sleeper

forum member
Reaction score
If i do this,im goin to keep my rear like it is,i just want the front bumper,and hood,and of course these fenders

05Sleeper

forum member
Reaction score
Well when i talked to the guy,he told me that i wouldnt have to chage to much of anything,i'll check the emails we sent back and forth and tell everyone what he said

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Dont forget that with fiberglass a body shop will charge you extra for the added time and labor to prep the fenders not only for paint but also for fitment.
Get an estimate first before you commit ;)

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
If i could get a set of these carbon fenders would be very easily had....hmmm....
innocent.gif

cruisin

Reaction score
You'll have to bring them the parts before they can give you an accurate estimate though.
No one knows till they are bolted up, just how much work it would take to make them fit proper. Interested to see the outcome. I'll be watching this thread as I may do this if it pans out well for you. I was thinking GT500 front but I do prefer all the options of the 10+

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Stop trying to talk him out of it! I wanna see this happen!

FIGSTR

Reaction score
just when i thought it would cost to much to be worth it, it now seems doable. like others i wanted the 07-09 GT500 front, but now a '13 GT500 front looks like what the future holds. looking forward to see how this turns out

cruisin

Reaction score
Stop trying to talk him out of it! I wanna see this happen!

I'm the last person that wants to talk him out of it. I want to see how it turns out so I can do my own. Felt I should prepare him though. The truth is, when you say fiberglass, a lot of body shops give a high price. When you bring them the part, you may be pleasantly surprised that there is very minor prep and fitting to be done.
Being so new and one of the first few out of the molds, definitely gives you an advantage.
Can't wait to see it. I'll be lining up with the rest of you for this.

05Sleeper

forum member
Reaction score
Lol,my cousin owns his own body shop,does all the custom painting here in Memphis so im not worried about a price. But they will be test fitted first.

05Sleeper

forum member
Reaction score
The guy who sells the fenders sures a perfect fit,he's a real stand up guy and very quick with the emails. Im looking forward to this also,like most of you,i wanted to do the gt500 front conversion. But im leaning on a 10-12 look,stock gt hood,with either a roush bumper,or a stock gt bumper with a cali special bottom grille,cant forget the saleen upper grille. I think it will look good.

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
The guy who sells the fenders sures a perfect fit,he's a real stand up guy and very quick with the emails. Im looking forward to this also,like most of you,i wanted to do the gt500 front conversion. But im leaning on a 10-12 look,stock gt hood,with either a roush bumper,or a stock gt bumper with a cali special bottom grille,cant forget the saleen upper grille. I think it will look good.

Can't to see this go through id be going with this front though!
2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-Mustang.jpg

05Sleeper

forum member
Reaction score
Yea i wont lie,i thought about that front too. Would look good,id debadge my whole car if i did that front.

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
id love to do the '13 gt500 front but i fell like people would see it thinking its a '13 gt500 then see the back half of the car and it would somewhat look like rice or one of these dumb asses with a v6 car and cobra emblems

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back