FFW Baytown 3-23-13

onebadgsx

Reaction score
i just got a fb message from someone at royal purple about ffw. i did not go but i started the rant on thier page for yall.

onebadgsx

Reaction score
apparently they called off the race due to low car count. total cars racing was only 68. so wasnt worth them to reopen sunday

OLD_GOAT

forum member
Reaction score
Luckily I live about 30 minutes away, so I wasn't as pissed as you other guys are.

I called Friday to see if there were any vendors there, and they replied that no vendors were there yet. I also asked them about the weather and I was guaranteed that if it rained out Saturday, they would be open Sunday.

Due to the fact my car is almost brand new, I wanted to hold off making more runs until some mods were on the car. Also running in this weather of high humidity and 73 degrees, I felt I was just beating on the car (auto) and wouldn't get a PB due to the DA. So, I paid $15 bucks to park outside and walked inside. I told the people all I wanted to do was talk to the vendors.

There were only two freaking vendors there. One was VMP who was really busy and seemed to be aiming toward the FI crowd, and the other was Pascual Engineering or something like that.

That was it.

I feel sorry for you guys who drove all the way here and had a bad time. I won't be wasting my time and money again on any FFW no matter the minimal price and drive time.

Lastly, I was out there for a learning experience. Yes, I learned. I learned a lot from Stretch about some wheels I'm considering buying and talked to another couple of guys I met at Evadale about the same thing and about tuners and what they did to their cars. In this context I was very happy, but this was stuff that could be done at any get together.

Back