Finally found my suspension clunk when going up my drive way...

BAD3VLV

Reaction score
If you adjusted the panhard while its on the ground, then clocking the springs would be the next thing I would try. I've done this on offroad applications, like Jeeps and buggys, when the springs didn't want to naturally sit in the cup the way I wanted them to.

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
I have had stock, BMR, Ford Racing and Eibach springs on my car and I have never seen any that fat. they do almost look like front springs but I know the spring perches are different sizes front to rear. All of my rear springs have looked similar and much narrower than the front.
The Steeda Sports have a much smaller diameter spring than the Ultralite. I have no idea why, but even on their site they are represented as such.

As for the direction of the progressive rear springs, I remember doing research on that when I originally installed them, and I generally found the answer to be the tighter coils go down, but I can't say for certain on this. I'll ask Steeda when I send them the part number on the springs when I get home.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I really don't see how it would make a difference but I've seen crazier shit happen. Lol!

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
Ok I put the car back on the lift and here's some better pictures of the springs. I also confirmed that the text on the springs is right side up. I'm sending this to Steeda to see what they have to say.

20210323_181644.jpg

20210323_181640.jpg

20210323_181242.jpg

20210323_181238.jpg

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
Just got word from Steeda that they are sending me a new set of rear springs. Hopefully this will resolve the issue. I'll try to remember to post back the results when I get them swapped.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Just got word from Steeda that they are sending me a new set of rear springs. Hopefully this will resolve the issue. I'll try to remember to post back the results when I get them swapped.
Good for you!
I was looking at the pictures you sent & it caught my eye just now that it may appear that the spring seat on the axle tube may be a little out of alignment causing the spring to bow out in the center between the 2 spring seats, but this may be due to the camera angle so it may not be a contributor.
Something else to maybe check into if the new springs do the same thing.......

Thought I'd mention it.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Lower control arms stock length? Rear wheels centered in the wheel opening? Looks like the axle maybe too far rearward.

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
Lower control arms stock length? Rear wheels centered in the wheel opening? Looks like the axle maybe too far rearward.
I thought about this as well, but I don't understand how this could be. Its got white line LCAs, LCA relocation brackets, and an adjustable UCA. As far as I can tell, I have the UCA adjusted correctly for the correct angle with suspension loaded.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I thought about this as well, but I don't understand how this could be. Its got white line LCAs, LCA relocation brackets, and an adjustable UCA. As far as I can tell, I have the UCA adjusted correctly for the correct angle with suspension loaded.
Take a side photo of the rear wheel/quarter panel w/car sitting level. And post it.
You could also measure wheelbase on each side. Compare to published wheelbase.

Last edited:

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
Take a side photo of the rear wheel/quarter panel w/car sitting level. And post it.
You could also measure wheelbase on each side. Compare to published wheelbase.
Ok just took some pictures, and also tried to measure best I could. I came up with 107.5, which does seem to be about .4" longer than factory specs. So if this is the problem, what do I need to do to fix it, and why is it like this? Doesn't everyone else run standard length LCAs on lowered cars? Thanks.

20210401_185832.jpg

20210401_185812.jpg

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
While thinking about how this could happen, I remembered that my UCA mount has two sets of holes. I am about 90% sure that I installed the UCA in the set towards the rear of the vehicle. Here is the mount I have: https://www.steeda.com/steeda-gt500...H8jXGGWCfNAslwT1OZUb43xHcR2SJQCBoCHzYQAvD_BwE

Although, if the angle of the pinion is correct, it should not matter which set of holes the UCA is bolted to, should it? (I say "if" the angle is correct, because I could have screwed it up, idk)

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
The left side definitely looks to have moved rearward, right side shot is a bit dark. I can measure a stock arm length bolt hole center to bolt hole center and let you know.

rawdawg

Reaction score
When I welded in my LCA relocation brackets I cut off the extra 3" or so that I wasn't ever going to use. The BMR brackets almost touched the ground if I hadn't taken the ole angle grinder to em.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
When I welded in my LCA relocation brackets I cut off the extra 3" or so that I wasn't ever going to use. The BMR brackets almost touched the ground if I hadn't taken the ole angle grinder to em.
I can see that happening IF 15" rear wheels are used...and a flat tie. Even with 18" rear wheels...and say a flat tire, the bottom of the BMR LCA relocate bracket..and the ground is iffy at best. I think it would just clear...barely.

bl817

Reaction score
your Whiteline relo brackets are the issue. take them off and see if the axle comes forward. if it does then get a different brand of relo brackets. IIRC, they dont have any adjustment as far as the level of the rear mount of the LCA, you might be able to figure out how far up and back you could drill a new set of holes on each relo bracket to pull the axle forward to get you closer to the 107" on each side. good luck

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
your Whiteline relo brackets are the issue. take them off and see if the axle comes forward. if it does then get a different brand of relo brackets. IIRC, they dont have any adjustment as far as the level of the rear mount of the LCA, you might be able to figure out how far up and back you could drill a new set of holes on each relo bracket to pull the axle forward to get you closer to the 107" on each side. good luck
Either that, or buy a pair of adjustable length LCA's.

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
I may have said I had white line relocation brackets, but I actually have BMR ones. The only whiteline parts I have is the Panhard and LCAs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back