Finally found my suspension clunk when going up my drive way...

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im happy Steeda took care of you. Makes me feel better about having all of their parts on my car.

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
I think I found the issue, and it was my fault... The whole pinion angle thing seriously confused me, and I think that was the issue. I got the springs from Steeda (thanks Steeda!) And swapped them out, no difference visibly. So then I set the car on 4 old wheels I had and started messing with the pinion angle again and moved it a ton. Wheel base now measures just over 107", and appears centered in the wheel well. I think I had the angle inversed or something. Now to drive it and hope its fixed.

Also take a look at the springs. This is with full weight on the car, and the springs installed with text the right way up.

20210409_145522.jpg

20210409_145302.jpg

GlassTop09

Reaction score
I think I found the issue, and it was my fault... The whole pinion angle thing seriously confused me, and I think that was the issue. I got the springs from Steeda (thanks Steeda!) And swapped them out, no difference visibly. So then I set the car on 4 old wheels I had and started messing with the pinion angle again and moved it a ton. Wheel base now measures just over 107", and appears centered in the wheel well. I think I had the angle inversed or something. Now to drive it and hope its fixed.

Also take a look at the springs. This is with full weight on the car, and the springs installed with text the right way up.

View attachment 77286

View attachment 77287
Good deal!

:beer:

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Did you use an adjustable UCA for the pinon?

I know that adjustable LCAs will change the position of the wheel in the wheel well and affect both pinion and thrust angle.

But, once you get the wheel centered visually and thrust angle within tolerances using the LCA adjustments, then its the adjustable UCA that will get your pinion dialed in.

Point being, that's the last step because changing the pinion with the UCA shouldn't affect the wheel position or thrust the way the LCAs affect all three . . . I think.

Maybe I'm wrong, but would love to know for sure if anyone can check me on that.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back