Finally got "The Boat" out this year for testing

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love watching boat races. They have them here and they are just badass.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love the speed boats too. Ever see the rotary powered turbo boat on YouTube? Siiiiiiiiick!

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are those props designed to limit "slip" and put more of the power to the water?

They must be hella-stout to handle being under full load all the time like they are in a boat.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
The exhaust sounds pretty muffled but the prochargers, DAMN!!!!!
It has large mufflers on it to tone it down a bit. The Prochargers themselves hurt your ears and you can barely hear a thing.
Are those props designed to limit "slip" and put more of the power to the water?

They must be hella-stout to handle being under full load all the time like they are in a boat.

The props are made by Hering and are custom cut and lab finished. They are designed to bite harder then your typical prob. We still blow them out when we are planing. They are pretty strong but we have broke a few of them and sheared a couple off and lost them in the water.... Each prop can range between $4,000-$8,000 depending on design.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So money is apparently not an issue for you. LOL!!!

Very cool boat.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
So money is apparently not an issue for you. LOL!!!

Very cool boat.

Not my money haha. The boat is owned by my old man/boss lol. My money is not nearly as dispensable as his, but that's what I'm working towards at the moment, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not my money haha. The boat is owned by my old man/boss lol. My money is not nearly as dispensable as his, but that's what I'm working towards at the moment, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Every once and while I see something like that running on Lake Ontario (which is more of an inland freshwater ocean than a lake) while I'm sailing with somebody. They universally grumble about them and I watch in awe and listen to the engine and judge it's state of tune.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Every once and while I see something like that running on Lake Ontario (which is more of an inland freshwater ocean than a lake) while I'm sailing with somebody. They universally grumble about them and I watch in awe and listen to the engine and judge it's state of tune.

There is actually a powerboating event in Ontario called "The 1000 Islands Poker Run" I would like to attend it one year but time is hard to come by. We are always usually at Lake Cumberland, Smoke on the Water (Chicago), the offshore races in Michigan City, IN, and Key West in November.

Still need to attend the 1000 islands, Havasu, and Lake of the Ozarks

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There is actually a powerboating event in Ontario called "The 1000 Islands Poker Run" I would like to attend it one year but time is hard to come by. We are always usually at Lake Cumberland, Smoke on the Water (Chicago), the offshore races in Michigan City, IN, and Key West in November.

Still need to attend the 1000 islands, Havasu, and Lake of the Ozarks

It's just over 70 nautical miles to the river mouth for the 1000 Islands from Rochester (by water).

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Hello, Summit Racing? I'll take 2 superchargers, 2 sets of headers, 2 sets of heads, 2 intake manifolds...

Very nice setup, man. We've got a few big boys like yours running around the Galveston area. I'm always impressed by the engineering that goes into those rigs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back