stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
cool vid - you can definitely see how rough the surface is

I presume that its an iPad in the dash? What was it reading/displaying?

Eel Mit

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats John!

Not sure there is any "aero mod" that will keep the car from walking in a cross-wind like we had.

Anytime you can drive away from a race it is a good one. Car will be better next time!

-Tim

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
cool vid - you can definitely see how rough the surface is

I presume that its an iPad in the dash? What was it reading/displaying?

iPad in dash, I have PLX gauges and use REV to monitor all my gauges. In this case we were datalogging with a laptop so I had a GPS program running to monitor speeds.

Is your car a 2010 with the 4.6?

The description on Youtube shows most of the mods, yes its a 2010 and started as a 4.6

Congrats John!

Not sure there is any "aero mod" that will keep the car from walking in a cross-wind like we had.

Anytime you can drive away from a race it is a good one. Car will be better next time!

-Tim

Im hoping to lower the car more, it sits pretty high as is. I also think that some of the stock plastic underneath would help with cooling and possible aero of the car.

Thanks for your help

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you're serious about the aero thing, take a look in the Corner Carvers' section here. There's a lot of good aero info there from road course guys.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Well, finally had the time to sit down and post something here.

I had a lot of fun and left the event with a huge itch of not getting the chance to make a proper all out pass that would have put the car in the 200+ territory.

We learned a lot with those two passes and I am sure we were in position to make it work, the second qualifying pass was in a super safe tune just to gather proper data, some of our calculations were right, others not so much. There are things you need to considerate specially having a turbo manual car.

Buzz, it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife, very thankful for taking me around and all. This even is not a walk in the park, specially on the money side so thanks again for trusting me your car. BTW, I'll never forget the Alamo! and thinking on the day we can go back an eat at Ruddy's. Real thanks again for everything.

I have some videos to edit that probably will do over the weekend, depending on how the work goes.

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
I appreciate your help and in spring hope we can post 205mph grocery getter. Just got the Turbo pipe fixed and will measure back pressure next week. Some say the exhaust wheel is too small, maybe waste gate or possibly exhaust, all I know is 200+ next spring

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
John i am glad it all came together. I know how hard you have been working to get to this point. If you need any help wrenching hit me up.

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
Seemed like a lot of KMH lost in that 4-5 shift, at 175mph Im covering 256 feet a sec. Hopefully I can fix it to keep pulling to 7500 and avoid that shift altogether.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Getting moved over 10ft by the wind would definately pince the spincter! :)

You'll get her next time!

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is that a one off iPad kit or is that one that can be purchased online. Also did you have to move controls to the roof?

Car runs amazing and I hope to make this event and see just how insane it all is in person! Congrats on your runs and I'm sure they will do nothing but improve!

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
Thanks, it was a lot of fun and very addicting.

The iPad dash thingy was built by a local stereo shop, I use steering wheel buttons to control stereo. My main screen when not using a app is a photo of the console behind the iPad, it makes pushing buttons for climate control easier to find when needed. I did all this in 2010 before the mini was out, a mini would give me better access to climate control buttons but I the downside is gauges become smaller and hard to read when using PLX kiwi and Dash commander

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back