Finally some Boost!

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
Well I haven't found that balance yet and the car has sat alot but I am glad I kept it. Owning a business and having kids have been my biggest challenge yet. Also depends on how envoled you are with them. A 2-1/2 year old and a 10 month old seem to take up a lot of time but they are funny as hell. One is not bad and leaves time for playing. Noticed the other day your in Michigan too. You in GR?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. I live in Oakland County, bout 45 min north of Detroit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. We're in berrien county, the other side of the glove. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I would need the money for the Gt350. Though that is a few years down the road. My wife says I'm "unemployed" I say I'm "self-employed." To make her feel better I agreed to sell the GT so we would have a cash cushion in case something comes up. From what I hear babies are a time sink and money sink. So not sure how much time I could use on the GT. Sometimes life just wins.

New children are cheap, especially when you realize how much stuff is zero cost through insurance and what not the 1st year.
The largest cost with a new born comes when your wife gets tired of the child chewing on her body parts for food and makes the decision to switch to formula.
IF you're going to make working for yourself work, she needs to support you, calling you "unemployed" isn't that, it also betrays a mindset where you live in a deficit...just like the car you say she hates.
I know I don''t know you from a hole in the ground, but I would put that GT350 out of your head once you sell this one because it doesn't sound much like you'll ever have the permission you need to buy another. You will be lucky to get $8500 for your car once you get it road worthy. They are a dime a dozen and it's 12 years old. There will always be an excuse not to do what your heart desires, always.
Keep it man, sell off all the un-needed extra parts and put it to the side. You need the outlet, all work and no play will ruin your life, take it from a guy who has been there for many years.
My wife begs me to take time off, and she means for my sake. I feel guilty when i'm not at 110% production mode, it's a hard habit to break.
We work hard to play hard, now it is time to do just that.

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Sad to hear man. When I had my son 2 years ago almost to date, my wife didn't want me to get rid of my car cause she knows how happy it makes me and driving it to work is just an outlet for me and not having it would make me an asshole and not fun to live with. One cause I love my car and two is it is an outlet for me. Just driving it and even just maintaining it and replacing parts to freshen it up. We actually have boy #2 coming in the end of June or early July.

I understand working for yourself though. What work do you do btw? Good luck with the work and keep up the hard work man. It will pay off. My neighbor across the street has finished his house before my wife and I and about t move in soon and he has his own electrician business and does extremely well! He paid in full cash for his house to be built. Also has a 3 valve and a z28 from before the 3 valve.

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
Sad to hear man. When I had my son 2 years ago almost to date, my wife didn't want me to get rid of my car cause she knows how happy it makes me and driving it to work is just an outlet for me and not having it would make me an asshole and not fun to live with. One cause I love my car and two is it is an outlet for me. Just driving it and even just maintaining it and replacing parts to freshen it up. We actually have boy #2 coming in the end of June or early July.

I understand working for yourself though. What work do you do btw? Good luck with the work and keep up the hard work man. It will pay off. My neighbor across the street has finished his house before my wife and I and about t move in soon and he has his own electrician business and does extremely well! He paid in full cash for his house to be built. Also has a 3 valve and a z28 from before the 3 valve.
Thanks. Yeah sad times in my world. Oh well.

I have a low voltage/Handyman business. I started out just installing DIRECTV years ago and that grew into complete audio/video and data work. Handyman work came later when customers kept asking "what else do you do?" I'm still a Authorized DIRECTV retailer so I still install for them. Easy money really.

Working for myself has been really the best. I have not had weekends off since before I was in the military. Now if I need a day off I just don't schedule work that day. There is struggles but I'm getting through them. There is a lot of work out there. Having a website and social media platforms does help for sure.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
couple things

80/20 rule. 20% of your customers will cause 80% of your problems. Don't do it.

Pay yourself. Don't sell your services for nothing - provide second to none service and charge people what it costs up front, and explain why. You don't want to deal with people who don't want to or can't pay.

I wonder what your hourly is?

I don't think getting rid of the car is a great idea. Just make some more money. I have a few side businesses, one is seasonal, car part thing is taking off slowly.

Back