Finally some Boost!

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
Quick update.

Haven’t forgot about my build obviously. Went into business for myself full time in the past month. (Was terminated from the day job) So been busy getting my contractor crap in order. I have had the LLC but only was doing it part time up until recently.

A few positive things to come out of it is I got to buy myself some new tools and a vehicle. Wanted a F250 but got a good deal on the F150. Didn’t want to go crazy on the truck payment so those new F250s were not in the budget.

It has Boost!

Back on track with the mustang soon.
b28307afa1ecf3e11286af5503dfffa7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Congrats on the self-business thing, it's nice being your own boss.
My wife and I are running our own web-design business, slow starting, but not giving up on it (link to our site in my sig ;) )

travelers

Reaction score
Good luck to both of you on the adventure. I thought of doing the same but uncle sam had other ideas, so I went another rout.

46addict

Reaction score
I'm also going through a severance at my day job so we're in the same boat. The wife has her own business already and I've been helping her when I come home from work. I've been thinking about starting something myself and I'm gonna use this opportunity to put things in motion. Her business has picked up during the holiday shopping season and we've been working our asses off but it feels good working for yourself rather than making someone else richer.

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
Man it is awesome being my own boss for sure. I’m working harder but you all are right. I feel like the work is going back into the business and my pocket. I am at the mindset that I won’t fail at this, if things are looking down I will just work harder.

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
b12c486a09ba9b21681b9b01c24885b4.jpg

Just started grinding away at some rust and bad paint areas ect. I have decided on whether to weld the seams or not. Hmmm.

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
de45e321a4bcc06ee97d12339169e06b.jpg

Well... hurt myself wile working a bit ago so doc says I’ll have my right hand use back in another 2 weeks. Needless to say I haven’t been doing much on the car.

I have collected a few parts here and there.

ea23f3d7ce81d66813f4993f8f5f8b71.jpg

a322590b5ed003668e2413c005d7d8a1.jpg

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
Well injury finally healed enough to get more work done. Took out rear seat belt mech. 8.1 lbs!
3fb59f285ba09c5044fe1226336c7d1c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
Spindle came in at 16.1 lbs. Not sure if there is a aftermarket for these. Probably going to reinstall em on the new k-member.
bb4a6b18303bc3d0664844f14df7cab5.jpg

russtang

Reaction score
Thanks for the picks and info, OP.
Have you finished with the door(s)?
I'm curious as to how much weight you cut from them.

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
Thanks for the picks and info, OP.
Have you finished with the door(s)?
I'm curious as to how much weight you cut from them.
So far 9 lbs from the drivers door.

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
Hows this going?
Update.

Well my wife is pregnant so something had to give. Really sucks. That being my build. I started my own business last year and things are going ok, but I need to invest more in myself and the business something has to go. The wife never liked my car or passion for it. So it was low hanging fruit. Since I'm so far into the race car build figured it was easier to just buy a donor car and swap everything over and sell it that way. Make a really clean car for someone.

So.. I'll repaint the car and engine bay, making sure everything is top notch for the next owner.. I'm actually really looking forward to swapping parts and working on it because like most on here I just like working on my vehicles. This will be the first car I will "flip."

The money that I make of the car I will invest in the build out of my tool trailer and may buy another vehicle to work on/flip. Only if I make enough on the car. Not sure what the market is for a 2005 GT with 64k miles, no rust and clean paint job. I'm going to find out.

I probably will document the build out of the car on here so I can show the new owner that I didn't skimp on anything. Maybe maybe not. I've had this car for 10 years and I will regret seeing it go, but being my own boss and being self employed has given me a reason to get out of bed in the morning. There will be another car in my future. That car being a Gt350R..

Thanks for everyone's input on this thread.
c31cffe938e1aa91ff293dbffc8cd6fc.jpg
6bf96049a50cb2698e6d8bd32be2f82e.jpg
a2a819f10183b57227f4554d5c045a1d.jpg

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
Also if anyone is wondering... I got the donor car of Copart. It runs and drives... Just not well.

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
Why can't you just table the build for now? Or do you need the cash?
I would need the money for the Gt350. Though that is a few years down the road. My wife says I'm "unemployed" I say I'm "self-employed." To make her feel better I agreed to sell the GT so we would have a cash cushion in case something comes up. From what I hear babies are a time sink and money sink. So not sure how much time I could use on the GT. Sometimes life just wins.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
It's all about balance. I have two kids and I've had a Mustang since I was 16. Sometimes it did sit, but I managed to find time to play

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
It's all about balance. I have two kids and I've had a Mustang since I was 16. Sometimes it did sit, but I managed to find time to play
Yeah time will tell. Hell who know I may get another right of the bat. Always loved the 2003-2004 cobras. I still have my 2012 5.4 engine sitting here as well.

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I haven't found that balance yet and the car has sat alot but I am glad I kept it. Owning a business and having kids have been my biggest challenge yet. Also depends on how envoled you are with them. A 2-1/2 year old and a 10 month old seem to take up a lot of time but they are funny as hell. One is not bad and leaves time for playing. Noticed the other day your in Michigan too. You in GR?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back