Finally starting my full build

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Went up to the shop early today. Got an early start and made a decent amount of progress. Starting up front I pulled the head lights, the front sway bar and endlinks. Then I finished removing the power steering system and the rack. I split the brake lines, pulled the clips then lifted out the ABS module and the lines. The next thing I removed was the fuse panel and ECM with their mounting bracket. Moving inside the car I dropped the headliner, sun visors. Then I split the wiring harness in the doors and removed the kick panel mounted fuse panel before pulling the rest of the body harness from the interior. I removed the fuel cut off and hood release cable. In the rear I dropped the rear sway bar, pan hard bar, the pan hard support bar, dropped the rear springs and the rear shocks. Moving into the trunk I pulled the tail lights, and side marker lights. I also pulled all the impact sensors from the car since none of the air bags will be going back in.

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Well teardown is finally complete. It took me long enough. Finally have everything removed from the other than the side skirts, rear valance and rear bumper. Beyond that it's all done. Now I'm onto removing all the rubberized undercoat. What a nasty job. I'm hating whoever put it on the car at the dealership. So I've been slowly spraying and scrubbing it all off. Need to remove it and have that project done before we can get onto the paint and body work. Figure three or four more days/nights. But I've already made good progress and am starting to see results. This is a slow project.

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
No real progress. Just working on removing more undercoating. What a dirty job. That shit goes everywhere and is so thick in places. Hopefully another night or three and it'll be done. I hope....

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
Looks like you have it down to just a shell now. What are you using to remove the undercoating?

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
When I was at SEMA I talked with the BSAF guys since it was their undercoat on the car. They told me to soak it diesel, let is sit for about 1/2 an hour the spray it again and then start scrubbing. So that's what I've been doing. Man does that shit give me headaches after a couple hours. Using a soft copper wired brush and a pot scrubber lol. Giving good results so far. Just very labour intensive.

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Shop door is open and I've got two big fans in front of the car blowing the fumes out. I hate respirators. Highly closterphobic so yeah.... Got about 1/2 the undercoat off the bottom already so it's coming along nicely. Another two or three nights whenever I get home then I can start painting the underside and then start putting the chassis back together

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Well slowly peeling undercoat when I'm not at work. About half the car is done but if work wasn't keeping me running as much I'd probably already be done although I guess it pays for things like this build right? Thinking once the site lets me I'll put all the parts I'm not going to be reusing up for sale. Help clear out the spare stuff perhaps someone can put it to good use

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Well the spending spree has begun. Hopefully it my visa doesn't get beat up to badly. Order my new crate motor, which will be opened up and seriously upgraded before it goes into the car. Order a few small odds and ends. The new Roush air damn and splitter, a 9 bar billet grill, new ball joints and control arm bushings. Now hopefully on payday I'll get the moser 9" housing ordered up and on its way. Then it's the 6R80s turn to get found and ordered up. The the fun of doing a driveshaft for the car.

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Well after many many hours of work the car is now undercoat free. What a shitty job. The next night I have time I'll be wiping the underside down with mineral spirits to prep it for a shot of sealing primer and a coat of semi gloss grey. Then inside the car I've slowly been working on removing the sound strips. Got about 15% of it removed. One, maybe two more nights these projects will be done then it's onto prep for paint and body work. Remove the glass, side skirts, rear bumper, spoiler, badging, etc.

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
No. K member bolts up using the four bolts in the frame rails, and the 4 bolts on the pads just behind the firewall. Everything mounts to the stock location

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Well the buying spree might be slowing down. The buyer for my current powertrain backed out this afternoon.... Guess when it lets me I will listing that up for sale as well. That sucks cause the money from that would have paid for a lot of the parts I needed to buy to get this thing done. Oh well. It is what it is. More shit to pay for until I can sell the current stuff.

Bullet223

forum member
Reaction score
good luck man looks like the teardown is coming along nicely

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I need to be able to get a night at home. Working away on night shift has made it so there has been zero progress on the car. Oh well. Only 4 more days on this set then I'm off for 8 days. Hopefully I can get down to pick up my motor during my days off.

Back