First time at the track since September

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
and it was a mixed day. it was drizzling all morning so the track prep was non existent. figures I'm the first one to go down it too. pass side line lock isn't holding so its kicking the rear out towards the wall. manual burnouts for the rest of the day. A new set of MT Drag radials to break in, among many other new parts to get used to. i accidentally filled up the car mid week so i had a full tank on the drive down and 3/4's of a tank left at the track of 93 octane. so no race fuel and no race tune for me today.

from 11am till about 2pm i had no traction whatsoever. the rear was all over the place, i was spinning the tires in the first 3 gears. i aborted 4 of the first 6 runs for fear of hitting the wall.

the weather got progressively better as the day went on and after the boys with the slicks put a few passes down, the track improved. my last 3 runs were pretty interesting.

i ran a new best of [email protected] on the first. i changed my shift point from 6400 to 6200 as well. launched at 5000rpm slipping the clutch with a 1.70 60 foot time. considering my previous best was 11.9 on race gas and a race tune, having beaten that on my street tune and pump gas is an accomplishment. i cant wait to see what it'll do with half a tank less gas, 104 octane, and my race tune next time.

the next run i had the best 60 foot I've ever had, a 1.58, but midway through third gear the car lost most of its power. it felt as if i had thrown the belt, but i still had power steering and the power returned on the return road to the pits.

the last run i shredded the belt in third gear. it was an old belt, remnants from the tensioner wars i had last year. the good news is the franken tensioner didnt bend. i believe a combination of putting pulley 7 back on and an old belt is the reason why i shredded it. im removing the extra pulley tonight as i beleive the belt had too much tension on it.

all in all it felt good to be back on the track. that 11.8 isn't going to last long. my next trip to the track its beaten for sure!!!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you ran an 11.84 with a 1.70 60', then that 1.58 60' run should be in the 11.6X's.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you ran an 11.84 with a 1.70 60', then that 1.58 60' run should be in the 11.6X's.

ya i kno and next time when im on a tune that has some balls (timing) its gonna be all over for that 11.8 haha

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
ya i kno and next time when im on a tune that has some balls (timing) its gonna be all over for that 11.8 haha
I thought you were running the KB tune? Doesn't it already have a bunch of timing in it?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i had a custom tune from a shitty shop last yr for race only. i used that for racing because i knew the timing was locked down and it was safer. i now have the car custom tuned by a good tuner (John Lund) and the car feels amazing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back