First time out.

DOFORLIFE

forum member
Reaction score
Took my 2013 out for the first time last night. Car has a pro cal, lowering springs, corsa GT500's, mgw, and factory 3.73's. How do you guys think I did? It was my first true track experience.

My first slip vs my last slip. I also didn't know a .5 was a perfect rt and anything below was a red light lol.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
1000' ?? Why?

Nice 60' improvements from firs to,last. Needs a bit more work or a DR

DOFORLIFE

forum member
Reaction score
What are you asking about the 1000? We do not have a single 1/4 mile track here in Arkansas. I was on stock p zero's and was leaving between 1250 and 1500 rpm and was fighting for traction leaving the line. I wasn't side stepping the clutch at the line but I wasn't slipping it a lot either. I know just driving on the street 1st and 2nd are really traction limited on the stock tires.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yea, I didn't get racing 1000'. No I see why.

Jason09GT

forum member
Reaction score
My '14 went 8.4@90 with a 2.33 60' bone stock..with traction control on, lol. The little track I ran at, you have to write on tech card 1/4 mile..otherwise they only give you 1/8th read out, soooo. Little more seat time, you aren't that far off.

DOFORLIFE

forum member
Reaction score
I hit a 8.45 at 86 in the 1/8 on my last run. Is that bad? It was stupid hot and humid out, but it always is in arkansas lol.

Sledder

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For a comparison I ran an 8.52 @ 84 in the 8th and a 13.09 @ 108 in the quarter with a 2.00 60 ft. That was a 2012 A6 pure stock right from the dealer. Density altitude was about 2100 ft that day.

My guess is you would be running a high 12 in the quarter. I would say you made a decent run. About what you would expect from your car. That was a nice improvement in your 60 ft time and you will only get better with experience.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
What are you asking about the 1000? We do not have a single 1/4 mile track here in Arkansas. I was on stock p zero's and was leaving between 1250 and 1500 rpm and was fighting for traction leaving the line. I wasn't side stepping the clutch at the line but I wasn't slipping it a lot either. I know just driving on the street 1st and 2nd are really traction limited on the stock tires.
This. Freaking Arkansas and the lack of actual dragstrips. Fortunately I live only 100 miles from Mokan in Missouri.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

DOFORLIFE

forum member
Reaction score
For a comparison I ran an 8.52 @ 84 in the 8th and a 13.09 @ 108 in the quarter with a 2.00 60 ft. That was a 2012 A6 pure stock right from the dealer. Density altitude was about 2100 ft that day.

My guess is you would be running a high 12 in the quarter. I would say you made a decent run. About what you would expect from your car. That was a nice improvement in your 60 ft time and you will only get better with experience.

Thanks. I didn't know how good or bad I was doing lol. The only other times I have been to the strip was in my 99 sonoma, and my old 09 GT auto. I'm guessing on stock tires a 1.9 is about as good as it gets for a 60ft? What about when shifting? It chirps the tires just a bit but never got loose expect for when I had to sit for 15 Mims at the light waiting for them to clear the track on the other end. It was squirrelly then.

This. Freaking Arkansas and the lack of actual dragstrips. Fortunately I live only 100 miles from Mokan in Missouri.

Yeah. I have never ran at Centerville but always heard Presscott was better prepped. I really wanna go to a 1/4 mile track soon. Probably will never get a 1/4 mile strip here because of the residents and insurance stuff.

Double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Most likely. Arkansas seems full of a bunch of prudes. If you were close to NWA I'd invite you up to Mokan with us sometime to get some full 1/4 action. I've never run Centerville myself.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back