First Time To The Track On ET Streets

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Thanks man!

Ohhh that would be fun! I'm sure I'll have to be reminded. Maybe I can get a few people from down here to come up. I'll have to also make sure it isn't a big day for VT football. I don't generally miss that!

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
def, check out the thread in the northeast forum about it. i think its monday, oct 24th.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
It sounds as if the taste of roll bar is being look forward too. Lol:thumb2: Fast car dude!

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
I think it was this good southern MD air that was helping. Nice work Jason and sorry I missed ya, WONT HAPPEN AGAIN lol

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Well the first 2 passes were really warm out still and everything was heat soaked from the 1.5hr drive plus traffic. After I let it cool off 45 min thats when I hit the PB.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Well I made it to the track again, MIR last night for the War On Wheels w/ T&T. Last night I focused on my launch rather than the green. I feathered the clutch a lot better as the track was hooking pretty well. I managed to leave at 4200 and 4400 on the 2 step.

I pulled a 1.652 60' on my best run of a 11.507 @ 118.36 (which is slower than my normal trap by ~1mph).

My last run I pulled a 1.650 60' and slightly boogered my 1-2 and ended up with a 11.562 @ 119.3x (I can't remember as I didn't take a picture of that slip)

I only have the stock LCAs and UCA on my car. All the suspension goodies are for twisties. This was with my 20's up front and 17x9 bullitts on the rear with a 295 ET STREET

Soooo close to roll bar territory I can taste it!

NICE PASS dude! Fwiw, good control arms will help in the twisties as well as the drag strip. :thumb2:

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Really? I didn't know this! You may be my guy then and which one would you recommend for dual purpose?

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Really? I didn't know this! You may be my guy then and which one would you recommend for dual purpose?

Yep. Everybody knows the control arms eliminate wheelhop which helps with the drag racing... but I've heard people say the aftermarket control arms with polyurethane bushings cause bind in the corners which hurts the car's handling. Well, I just did some suspension testing on my 2006 GT at Sebring International Raceway and the results surprised me. Of course the lowering springs helped, as did the sway bars, but the LCAs were the big surprise for me. I assumed that the arms would make the rear end feel more stable over rougher sections of the track, which they did, but ignoring all of the technobabble, here's what actually went down out on the racetrack: We ran three track sessions with factory control arms, then installed the LCAs and went back out. The rear end was more planted, which made it easier to power out of corners, and the car built more speed coming into the sharper turns like 7, 10, and 13 at Sebring. I expected it to feel more stable on the aftermarket LCAs, but I didn't expect it to be faster. It was though. It was noticeably faster on the LCAs. Pleasant surprise there. I call that a win-win situation. :thumb2:

I ran the billet control arms which look great and worked well. But now my curiosity is piqued and I want to try this rear setup: http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-suspension-package-rear-control-arms-panhard-05.html I expect that it will increase NVH, but actually plant the rear end even more with freely articulating spherical bearings at all suspension joints. I'd like to go back to Sebring to A-B test them against my current setup, but we'll see how that goes.

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
Been running them on my Fox-body Mustangs since 2002. :thumb: It doesn't really bother me.

Aye, thats what we installed on my buddies Blown 88 LX. Full spherical rear with relocation brackets. He got rid of them after a week lol. It was mainly a street car and the creak and clunk everytime weight was shifted was just a bit too much for the street in his mind.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Video was cool. Car is very smooth. If you ran a 11.5, what did the other guy run? He rocketed past you.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Holy shit that is fast. For him to blow by you when your running as good as you are, I knew he had to be seriously fast.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
so is a roll cage in order? also did you ever check out that atco thread dude about the track rental?

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
No roll cage on order and I doubt I'll put one in. If I ever get into the 10's(built motor of course) i doubt I'd even do it then. I would only put one in if that car ever becomes track only. I don't have the cash to do that so I doubt it will ever happen.

I did check it out. I'll have to consider it due to being on a Monday. If it were the weekend I'd def be more able to do it. I'll keep you posted!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back