For Sale Threads ?

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he?

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood, chuck chuck..

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dammit!! I was gonna use that one!!

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. How many pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick?

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hmmmmm...^^good one..How bout.."super calafragalistic expealadocious, even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious":roflmao:

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ah, so singing is being brought in, okay Steedman, how about this one? Chevykiller, you might enjoy these lyrics........

Jeremy:
What a funny noise it's making!

Caractacus:
It's talking to us--all engines talk!

Jemima:
What's it saying?
It's saying Chitty chitty, chitty chitty, chitty chitty, chitty chitty,
chitty chitty,
(Bang - Bang)
Bang Bang!
chitty chitty
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
Chitty Bang Bang Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Oh you pretty Chitty Bang Bang,
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
We love you.
And, in
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
What we'll do.
Near, far, in our motor car Oh what a happy time we'll spend.
Bang Bang Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Our fine four fendered friend.
Bang Bang Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Our fine four fendered friend.
Chitty Bang Bang
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Chitty Bang Bang
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Chitty Bang Bang
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Oh you pretty Chitty Bang Bang
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
We love you.

So there.

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hahahahha^^

Scooby-Dooby-Doo, Where Are You?
We got some work to do now.
Scooby-Dooby-Doo, Where Are You?
We need some help from you now.
Come on Scooby-Doo, I see you... pretending you got a sliver
But you're not fooling me, cause I can see, the way you shake and shiver. You know we got a mystery to solve,
So Scooby Doo be ready for your act.Uh-uh
Don't hold back!
And Scooby Doo if you come through
you're going to have yourself a scooby snack!
That's a fact!
:roflmao:

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In all seriuosness, I agree, the bumps are sometimes annoying. I also find it a little annoying when people are posting stuff for sale that they don't really want to sell.

I recently agreed to buy a set of Bogart wheels and tires thaty were posted in the classifieds from a member here. We had agreed on price, I was ready to make the paypent, and we were just in the process of working out the shipping details. After no contact for 2 days, I then get a PM saying "oh sorry I decided to keep them"

This not the first time this has happened to me either.

So come on people, if you're going to sell something, post it, and then sell it!

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In all seriuosness, I agree, the bumps are sometimes annoying. I also find it a little annoying when people are posting stuff for sale that they don't really want to sell.

I recently agreed to buy a set of Bogart wheels and tires thaty were posted in the classifieds from a member here. We had agreed on price, I was ready to make the paypent, and we were just in the process of working out the shipping details. After no contact for 2 days, I then get a PM saying "oh sorry I decided to keep them"

This not the first time this has happened to me either.

So come on people, if you're going to sell something, post it, and then sell it!

In the car business, we call them "stroke jobs"..

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Would someone tell USAFJIM to knock it the fuck off? Four or five different parts on different threads and bumping the shit out of each one.

zuritausmc

I love Red Bull
Reaction score
So first of all, sorry. Im a complusive bumper. Lol. I mean I do it once a day at the most, usually 2 or 3 days in between but thats beside the fact. I dont know if this has been brought up already or tried, but why not lock out the classified ads? I mean, maybe start a for sale section and a WTB section. The for sale section should be locked for anyone under a certain amount of posts (say 100) and the WTB could be a free for all. That would honestly minimize the newbie nonsense and help deter people from screwing people over. Take Kim for instance, the guy sent her a 20a BAP instead of 40 like what was listed. The OP only had 15 posts. I try to buy from reputable people. But i think locking the threads could work. Just my :2cents::soapbox:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear Kim had a problem, that sucks. Kim was great to deal with when we did our transaction and she shouldn't have to worry about getting shafted on this forum.

Earl

Joser281

Reaction score
Would someone tell USAFJIM to knock it the fuck off? Four or five different parts on different threads and bumping the shit out of each one.

Hmmm... I guess that's one way to get the post count up. :roflmao:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm... I guess that's one way to get the post count up. :roflmao:
And the motherfucker is at it again. Four new threads with a single part in each one and bumped twice each in less than six hours.

For fuck's sake......kill it before it multiplies.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So first of all, sorry. Im a complusive bumper. Lol. I mean I do it once a day at the most, usually 2 or 3 days in between but thats beside the fact. I dont know if this has been brought up already or tried, but why not lock out the classified ads? I mean, maybe start a for sale section and a WTB section. The for sale section should be locked for anyone under a certain amount of posts (say 100) and the WTB could be a free for all. That would honestly minimize the newbie nonsense and help deter people from screwing people over. Take Kim for instance, the guy sent her a 20a BAP instead of 40 like what was listed. The OP only had 15 posts. I try to buy from reputable people. But i think locking the threads could work. Just my :2cents::soapbox:

That's what the itrader is for. I like it so much that I make sure I buy and sell stuff here first before I even go to ebay. I may not know much about cars, but I know how NOT to treat people and sending the wrong shit is certainly not the way to handle business.

But the daily bumping is unnecessary. If someone wants to buy your stuff, they will let you know. It's one thing if you are adding pics or updating info, but bumping just because a couple of hours has passed is lame if no other reason than you are bumping someone else's thread down and it may not get seen (this is also a big reason the search function is pressed upon people so much).

Making 5 threads for 5 separate items that you list all at the same time is lame too. Just put all that stuff in one thread. Not calling out anyone in particular; I'm just sayin'.

Last edited:

zuritausmc

I love Red Bull
Reaction score
I understand that. I really do. Ive been on numerous forums for my other vehicles and no one was really a stickler on the bumps. A different point of view as well is from the newbs. I know how to work the search cuz Ive used different forums and thats why you hardly ever see me ask questions, because I find it all on my own. But for people thats never been on a forum, they don't know that. They aren't going to go 8 pages or months back into the classified ad looking for an intake or fuel injectors. You, with your experience will. But what's the chances of someone who has been around awhile needing those items anyway? Less of a chance than a newb needing it. But either way, to each their own. Thats how you guys want to run your forum then thats cool. I respect that. Im just here to learn.

But as the OP posted here, he'd like to see something done and I think my suggestion would be an easy one to execute. It'll protect everyone here a little better, including the new guys, from bogus sellers. The ones who just create a name offer something and take your money and disappear or send you the wrong crap.

Sorry for the long ass post lol

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think I may have to dispense negative rep points for incessent bumps. Spread out over a couple days between bumps I can understand and like that idea much better then trying to do a new thread for the same parts every few days.

Last edited:

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
post count doesn't matter when buying , I purchased a part from a known member on here over a month ago and he has not shipped it to me yet .......

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back