Ford Racing 5.0 forged Aluminator crate engines!!!

Mach1Marauder

LARGE MEMBER
Reaction score
Like you can use the factory 3V PCM or a stock tune anyways...lol

Can be done with a controls pack like already stated or 2011 PCM and dash harness
That computer and harness is for street rods and like a strip car. It's NOT for a regular street driven 05-10 Mustang. It has unique downsized power distribution module that doesn't hook up to a LOT of systems.PCM with Ford Racing calibration requires return type fuel system, will not work with returnless fuel system.

But what do I know!:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

You'd be surprised what that 3V computer will control. You can make it run a 4.6 4V DOHC engine just fine an pass all emission tests.

stang67gt

wrench turner
Reaction score
That computer and harness is for street rods and like a strip car. It's NOT for a regular street driven 05-10 Mustang. It has unique downsized power distribution module that doesn't hook up to a LOT of systems.PCM with Ford Racing calibration requires return type fuel system, will not work with returnless fuel system.

But what do I know!:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

You'd be surprised what that 3V computer will control. You can make it run a 4.6 4V DOHC engine just fine an pass all emission tests.

I don't really care what you know but I'm glad you can regurgitate info from the FRPP catalog lol

Its a factory PCM with a tune from Ford...big deal, its another tune away from whatever you want it to be.

If he wants factory features, he can always use " 2011 dash harness and pcm" not saying it won't take work but it can be done.

BTW a 4.6 4v does NOT have TiVCT so good luck controlling one of the great features of the coyote. You can make a stripped down racecar pass all emission tests running on c16 with OBD :thumb2:

Anything can be done, its just how much time and $$$ you want to spend.

Mach1Marauder

LARGE MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't really care what you know but I'm glad you can regurgitate info from the FRPP catalog lol

Its a factory PCM with a tune from Ford...big deal, its another tune away from whatever you want it to be.

If he wants factory features, he can always use " 2011 dash harness and pcm" not saying it won't take work but it can be done.

BTW a 4.6 4v does NOT have TiVCT so good luck controlling one of the great features of the coyote. You can make a stripped down racecar pass all emission tests running on c16 with OBD :thumb2:

Don't be a damn smart ass!:nk:
What I said was factual and you were not.............Plain and simple.
You agreed with the guy that said to buy the control pack (M-6017-A504V) for his swap. One, it duplicates the pedal he already has, It can't run all his power needs and it has no PATs capability.
How many of these 05 up engine and computer swaps have you done? In order to keep things simple and not have to trace all the wires and repin various connectors, it's best to use the harnesses and computer of the car the engine came from or was intended for.

No where did I say anything that could even remotely conscrewed that a 3V computer could run a Coyote engine. Please stop being silly!:nk:

Speed+Clinic

forum member
Reaction score

Or you can just put an rpm switch to control de tivct lift and call it a day. The hondas have been using that for years...

stang67gt

wrench turner
Reaction score
Don't be a damn smart ass!:nk:
What I said was factual and you were not.............Plain and simple.
You agreed with the guy that said to buy the control pack (M-6017-A504V) for his swap. One, it duplicates the pedal he already has, It can't run all his power needs and it has no PATs capability.
How many of these 05 up engine and computer swaps have you done? In order to keep things simple and not have to trace all the wires and repin various connectors, it's best to use the harnesses and computer of the car the engine came from or was intended for.
How is what I said not factual...please enlighten me. I also said that you can also use the 2011 dash harness and PCM. Oh sorry, I didn't know you knew his power needs. I'm on my second 3v swap, How about you? AND please stop talking about PATS...its a single switch in SCT software and yes cars did start before PATS. It is not the end-all-be-all to stop this swap. The swap can be done, is it going to be easy? That depends on the person but in general probably not.

No where did I say anything that could even remotely conscrewed that a 3V computer could run a Coyote engine. Please stop being silly!:nk:
You'd be surprised what that 3V computer will control.

GEE WHIZ! This thread is about the new forged coyote engine and it was directed towards swapping it in an 05-09. Where would I get an even remotely construed idea that you weren't implying it would work.

I can't wait to see what Ford Racing is going to come out with next!

Mach1Marauder

LARGE MEMBER
Reaction score
How is what I said not factual...please enlighten me. I also said that you can also use the 2011 dash harness and PCM. Oh sorry, I didn't know you knew his power needs. I'm on my second 3v swap, How about you? AND please stop talking about PATS...its a single switch in SCT software and yes cars did start before PATS. It is not the end-all-be-all to stop this swap. The swap can be done, is it going to be easy? That depends on the person but in general probably not.

GEE WHIZ! This thread is about the new forged coyote engine and it was directed towards swapping it in an 05-09. Where would I get an even remotely construed idea that you weren't implying it would work.

I can't wait to see what Ford Racing is going to come out with next!

6 GT500 swaps into 05 up GTs
3 4.6 DOHC swaps, one N/A and two turbo, all ran by the stock 3V computer.

2 GT500 swaps into F150s, one an 02 Lighting and the other in a Jack Roush NiteMare

You're right, I don't know nuttin.:wtf:

stang67gt

wrench turner
Reaction score
6 GT500 swaps into 05 up GTs
3 4.6 DOHC swaps, one N/A and two turbo, all ran by the stock 3V computer.

2 GT500 swaps into F150s, one an 02 Lighting and the other in a Jack Roush NiteMare

You're right, I don't know nuttin.:wtf:

Well thats nice. So you work at a shop, congrats to you? Hopefully not just a lube bitch. :thumb2: How many of those have you tuned? And How many of those are engines have VCT? oh thats right none, since all of those engines have been around for a decade or two lol sans the implementation of ETC.

Did I ever say you knew nothing? No. If you would have just said "it wouldn't work until you removed PATS" I would have agreed with you instead of playing the Fucktard Interwebz Oylmpics with you. PATS for your information is nothing more than a switch in the PCM, just like rear o2's it can be turned on and off with a tune. So next time, before you say something like "it can't be done because of PATS", or "it doesn't have a p.s. pump to run power steering", check to make sure its not a simple solution or maybe you've tried to make a solution, otherwise don't bother. :stfu:

Just out of curiosity, do you even own a S197? It honestly doesn't matter, but would sure help your credibility on the subject. Good day, Bill. :hi:

Trbosvt

Reaction score
I have done the 2011 5.0 transplant with the ford racing control pack in an 05. was it easy? i would say so ... time consuming of course. But it can be done. i made a power steering bracket in the stock a/c location before ford racing offered it. eveything except the a/c works in the car.... will it pass smog? possibly not since it has long tubes but who cares. for the person wanting to transplant it into a 05-10 cars they will have to go into it knowing they might possibly lose the a/c if not they will have no power steering or might have to fabricate a new bracket for the p/s if a/c is to be functional. Car is driven 80 miles a day when driven by the customer. but he drives 150 miles to willow springs and road races it as his hobby. he picked up almos 3 seconds off his lap times and couldnt be happier.

Bill, i have to admit sometimes you come off as dick that thinks he knows everything!!! but i think it's your approach, not your intention. I'm not questioning your knowledge, but sometimes people don't know your history. Just my .02.

Mach1Marauder

LARGE MEMBER
Reaction score
I have done the 2011 5.0 transplant with the ford racing control pack in an 05. was it easy? i would say so ... time consuming of course. But it can be done. i made a power steering bracket in the stock a/c location before ford racing offered it. eveything except the a/c works in the car.... will it pass smog? possibly not since it has long tubes but who cares. for the person wanting to transplant it into a 05-10 cars they will have to go into it knowing they might possibly lose the a/c if not they will have no power steering or might have to fabricate a new bracket for the p/s if a/c is to be functional. Car is driven 80 miles a day when driven by the customer. but he drives 150 miles to willow springs and road races it as his hobby. he picked up almos 3 seconds off his lap times and couldnt be happier.

Bill, i have to admit sometimes you come off as dick that thinks he knows everything!!! but i think it's your approach, not your intention. Just my .02.
You are correct.
I'm too black and white and don't tolerate smartasses too well when I'm trying to help.:thumb2:

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Penis measuring contest, always love these.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back