Ford Racing Handling Pack

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to pick up a Ford Racing Handling Pack for a pretty good deal, hard to pass up $400-500 savings. I'm wondering if anyone has this kit and what they think about it. I plan on doing some light autocross stuff and plan on going to the drag strip some time down the road.

My current setup on my 2006 GT is
BMR LCA and relocation brackets
Eibach Pro Kit
with a 35mm front say bar.
The rest of my cars suspension is stock.

oh it also has a blower...if anyone cares!

Last edited:

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the shocks that come with the kit. They aren't much better than stock and are awful compared to many other shocks available.

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
You already have a front bar and the same springs.. You'd be wasting money. Buy a rear bar to work with the front you have (something good like my adjustable one). Buy some better dampers (better than both what you have and the FRPP ones) and you'll have something that works better.

I'd recommend Koni STR.T and my 22mm adjustable rear swaybar, those two things are under $600 and allow you to keep and build off what you already have.

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
I hear what your saying but I could get the whole kit for about $850 new. I could then sell the other parts, springs and front sway bar?

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
As a user who had the FRPP kit installed on an '06 GT, you'd be better off w/ just buying a set of Koni yellows and a new rear bar.

You already have the springs and front bar that is in the FRPP kit, as mentioned.

cito

forum member
Reaction score
I have an atari 2600 for sale for 20 bucks. It was 150 bucks originally. Its a great deal, but you might want to get an xbox360 or ps3 (i.e., Koni yellows and strano bar).

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
I have an atari 2600 for sale for 20 bucks. It was 150 bucks originally. Its a great deal, but you might want to get an xbox360 or ps3 (i.e., Koni yellows and strano bar).

Vintage but cool and still better than stock.

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
ive got the ford racing shocks and struts, and steeda lowering springs, J &M rear lower control arms, steeda adjustable panhard bar, and an AM STB,

everything was great, until the ford racing shocks and struts, loudest, harshest ride, ever.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I'd say listen to Sam now 'cause it'll save you alot of hassle and money down the road.

If i were to buy one item only, it would be the Koni dampers.

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
Well I bought the FRPP kit. I just couldn't pass up a good deal considering the price and the fact that it was new. I could have bought the Koni's and the rear sway bar but for a little more I got the whole FRPP kit.

I already installed the rear/front sway basr, springs, and shocks. Now I to decided on the strut mounts? Should I go with the GT500 mounts or the J&M adjustable mounts?

I sure on gonna hear it!

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
I'd tell you to get the J&M mounts, but you're just going to do the opposite of whatever we tell you to do anyways.

stang7300

Mostly Insane...
Reaction score
I'd tell you to get the J&M mounts, but you're just going to do the opposite of whatever we tell you to do anyways.

No, no, no...you got it all wrong...gotta do the reverse psychology thing. Don't you get those J&M mounts...don't you dare...hey, I said don't get those J&M mounts...

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
No, no, no...you got it all wrong...gotta do the reverse psychology thing. Don't you get those J&M mounts...don't you dare...hey, I said don't get those J&M mounts...

Too funny! :roflmao:

J&M is what I'm gonna get! I like the adjustability factor besides it will make you all very happy.

Oh I paid less than 8 for the complete kit!

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Very happy with my FRPP setup and GT500 strut mounts. I love the way the car handles, it doesn't make any noises thanks to WD-40, and the ride is not that bad. FRPP kit will pull a .99G so I say go for it.

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Well I bought the FRPP kit. I just couldn't pass up a good deal considering the price and the fact that it was new. I could have bought the Koni's and the rear sway bar but for a little more I got the whole FRPP kit.

smh.gif

jeffk24

Reaction score
Not to steal your thread...but I too am looking into getting an adjustable suspension and would love to know if anyone else here has experience with the FRPP Adjustable kit and if they are happy with it.

I'm not dead set on the FRPP kit, but it is hard to pass up great deals and it's a kit they really has everything that I want to do right now.

I do several HPDE events on highspeed tracks in a year...not many Autox, so if you have experience with track events with this kit (or another)...I would like to hear from you!

aldemal

Reaction score
I put the FFRPs on a base '11 about 6 months ago. Went from 235s to 275s all around about 2 months before that.
It's a DD with some corner carving on the weekends.
Wanted to get rid of the break-dive, the disconnected feeling at high speed (+100) and to tighten up the
suspension feel all around.
The FFRP system is tighter than stock, even at softest settings. Brake dive gone, the boaty feeling at speed is gone.
The car feels more agile and poised petty much everywhere to me. At the hardest damper settings, it rattles my teeth loose
on crappy LA freeways, but those settings also make the car tenacious in cornering. I really have to work to break the tires
loose on mountain roads. You can back off the settings a little and it is bearable as a DD without getting sloppy.
The most surprising thing to me was that you can tune out the tendency for the rear end to step out when
cornering on rough pavement. Prior to installing these, I was very cautious entering turns that I didn't know well.
This car was really unpleasant if you hit broken pavement in the middle of a turn.
I have confidence now that the suspension/tires can handle just about whatever is coming up around the bend.
It's almost worth it just for that feeling of confidence.
The front roll bar is adjustable. Tried it at the hardest setting, too stiff. Car would actually skitter across rough pavement,
I leave it at the middle position now.
Keys for me were the ability to adjust and experiment with different suspension settings.
The price seemed reasonable, coilovers are expensive and probably more performance than I can use right now.
I also liked the fact this was a system, not a mish-mash of parts from different manufacturers.
It seemed to me that things were much more likely to wrong than right swapping
out springs/dampers/sway bars trying to find a setup I liked. Don't have the money or patience to attempt that.
I've been pretty happy with the setup. The car is still well beyond my capabilities as a driver but finding
the limits is part of the fun.
I've been thinking of getting an adjustable rear sway bar, I've heard that a smaller
diameter rear sway bar can improve cornering, adjustable seems like a good way to play with that.
Not a guru by any stretch but I would like also like to hear of other people experiences with the FFRPs, posts are few and far between.

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
I also liked the fact this was a system, not a mish-mash of parts from different manufacturers.

It actually is a mishmash of parts from several different manufacturers all repainted and relabeled as FRPP. Most of the parts are from Eibach and Tokiko if I remember correctly.

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
Not a guru by any stretch but I would like also like to hear of other people experiences with the FFRPs, posts are few and far between.

I had the FRPP suspension kit on my Silver '08 GT. The main issue I had with it were the shocks. The car rode rough and the rear end still liked to bounce around too much on corners that weren't smooth. Also, the bottom of the car scraped on too many turns on the street where there were elevation changes.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back