Ford Racing Handling Pack

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Anything that comes from Eibach and tokico is junk ....all the vendors sell off the name and the price point !

aldemal

Reaction score
been out of town a couple of weeks...By system, I meant the spring constants, damping ratios and torsion bars etc had been selected by an engineer to work together as a system and that somewhere along the line an engineer had checked the component specs against the weight of this car and for compatibility with each other.

I know the FRPP system is made up of parts from different manufacturers, most OEM systems probably are.

BTW, I meant no disrespect to Sam Strano or anybody else who mixes and matches parts to build their suspensions, He actually races cars, kinda hard to argue with that kind of experience

Sam responded to my email questions and talked to me on the phone. It really surprised me he would take the time to do that, I think he's the one that suggested using a smaller diameter roll bar in the rear. I''ll probably buy my adjustable rear sway bar from his line. Any part number suggestions Sam?

Last edited:

jeffk24

Reaction score
aldemal - Thanks for your review of the FRPP setup. You are right, reviews are few and far between on that setup. And I agree with most all of your points as well. I'm not out to take away from other supporters of this forum, either....just looking for some advice to a system that I know is popular, but has little feedback from true users.

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
Just playing devil's advocate for a minute here... what makes you think that that particular engineer has it right? If you ask ANYONE who had FRPP FR3 dampers for instance, how much better the car works with Koni's, or even D-specs, you'll understand real fast that just because something says "Ford Racing" on it doesn't mean that much.

:)

I am a 'true user', I ran a Shelby GT for 3 years, I'm intimately familiar with the FR3 suspension, also stock GT and V-6 stuff (had a '07 GT as well as my '11, and my ex-girlfriend had a V-6 as well).

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Just playing devil's advocate for a minute here... what makes you think that that particular engineer has it right? If you ask ANYONE who had FRPP FR3 dampers for instance, how much better the car works with Koni's, or even D-specs, you'll understand real fast that just because something says "Ford Racing" on it doesn't mean that much.

:)

I am a 'true user', I ran a Shelby GT for 3 years, I'm intimately familiar with the FR3 suspension, also stock GT and V-6 stuff (had a '07 GT as well as my '11, and my ex-girlfriend had a V-6 as well).

Sam Strano
7-time SCCA National Champion

hmmm, the voice of experience speaking here ? I'd listen, I dunno why, but just a gut feeling.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back